Gratuitous Ship Thread

If the turrets of the capship fires at the torp, so bye-bye torp !!
or ,in an act of stupidity, destroy your own torp. with your guns

I don't use torps often either... but that doesn't stop me from taking the Avenger over the other two BW ships. :)

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt

That's only one torpedo more than the Vindicator. For what mission do you need more than 3 torpedoes?

well, when your IDIOT wingman desides to fly into your torp path and get himself killed, thats when you need more. its highly annoying. besides, its just fun to watch four torps fly all at once towards your target. man i love that. i can make the floor shake when i launch them. its great.

That's strange, I only ever had that happen to me in WC2. And I think I blew up because of it. Stupid, isn't it? My wingman gets hit by the torp and I blow up. Just as bad as Maniac flying into my Mace and he still manages to fly.

I'm actually rather fond of the Hellcat (though the Bearcat kicks @$$ :cool: ). One of the few ships to actually carry over from one game to another...It's a sentimental thing :)

That's an interesting point. The only other fighters you can fly that I can think of are the Rapier II and the Longbow.

I never managed to get my torpedo shot down in WC4, neither by friendly fire nor by enemy fire. And I found Stormfire guns against capships more useful than Capships.

Originally posted by Zor Prime
besides, its just fun to watch four torps fly all at once towards your target. man i love that. i can make the floor shake when i launch them. its great.

So you would launch four torps when three would do just for the fun of it? Border Worlds commad wouldn't be too thrilled about that, what with them being desperately short of supplies and weapons and all. :)

It wouldnt be wreckage until after the torpedoes hit it though, its not destroying a ship and then torpedoing it again.

Originally posted by Raptor

So you would launch four torps when three would do just for the fun of it? Border Worlds commad wouldn't be too thrilled about that, what with them being desperately short of supplies and weapons and all. :)

yes! yes I would!!! just to spite you AND make the floor gratuitously shake!!!!!!!

my philosophy, they give em to you for a reason. use em!

Back