Gratuitous Ship Thread

The best thing about the Avenger was if you ran out of torpedoes on certain missions you shoot marines at them in desperation . Leech was nice though, and I must admit to being a Stormfire junkie.

The stormfire was awesome!!! and we never shot marines out of desperation, we always had a pourpose. IE: Taking over the ship, stealing things, infiltrations, you know......stuff.

It was never stealing! Confed didn't need the stuff so we just borrowed it and never returned it, it's not the pilots fault if Dekker is really effective and kills everybody.

Originally posted by Thymerlord
The best thing about the Avenger was if you ran out of torpedoes on certain missions you shoot marines at them in desperation.
Sheesh, you'd have to be really unco-oridinated to shoot your MIPs instead of torps. In any case, they don't launch unless the person inside releases the safety. Problem with that, though, is that when I fire them linked together when they're not ready, I get four comms in a row of Sosa or Dekker complaining about not being ready.

And since I favour heavier ships, I flew the Avenger in nearly all possible missions until the Lance/Dragon. Didn't matter if it looked like a boxcar or a jet fighter.

Originally posted by Unforgiven

...and the Department of Silly Walks.

Actually, it's the *Ministry Of Silly Walks*--just ask John Cleese, or even Graham Chapman (no, wait--he's still dead. Never mind).

And, it's nearby the Office of Military Intelligence, as well as the Tax Relief Dept. :D

Have to admit, that rear turret was very nice ,and as I said before I am a stormfire junkie,like the mass driver as well. And who ever said I was coordinated all that well,after all I live in Florida

Well, I rarely use turret guns, I only use them for tractor beam operations. Although the stormfire is fast and hence requires no lead (heh, heh, faster than 'lasers') I prefer slower firing, more powerful weapons. More often than not, I waste firepower with rapid-fire guns like the stormfire and pulse particle.

I only mentioned the co-ordination thing at the idea that you could 'accidentally' fire MIPs. Never done that before.

Originally posted by Wedge009
since I favour heavier ships, I flew the Avenger in nearly all possible missions until the Lance/Dragon. Didn't matter if it looked like a boxcar or a jet fighter.

The first time I played WC4, thats almost all I flew.

It was never stealing! Confed didn't need the stuff so we just borrowed it and never returned it, it's not the pilots fault if Dekker is really effective and kills everybody.

So if it's not really stealing if I take a BMW from a rich guy who has three of them? :)

Seriously, I agree with you. Seeing as the Black Lance was an insurgent force that was carrying out hostile operations against the Border Worlds on their own territory, anything taken from them could be justifably called the spoils of war.

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Preacher
Actually, it's the *Ministry Of Silly Walks*--just ask John Cleese, or even Graham Chapman (no, wait--he's still dead. Never mind).

FYIMHO, John Cleese HATES the Silly Walks.

Banshee's are ok, anything's better than that flying boxcar the Avenger. Although at times I missed the Hellcat.

You missed the Hellcat? Oh my God... ;)

I liked the Vindicator best (with 3 torps who needs an Avenger with 4 torps?), then the Banshee and then the Avenger. I just saw no need for the Avenger and, once again, I found her Mass Drivers/Stormfire/Leech to be too off-centered. Though I liked the Avenger way better than the Longbow.

Originally posted by Ghost
Now all of you preffer the Vindicator ?????
I can stick with the Avenger for the eternity.

I agree, I prefer the Avenger in WC4 I found it to be the best all rounder...

the avenger kicks ass. If had to pick between the vind and the avenger, i would pick the avenger. those four torps are addictive.

I never really liked the vind. It's a flying coffin. The only good thing is it's stormfire cannon. (But that's only my oppinion!) I liked the banshee more than the vind (scattercannon rocks!) And despite to most of you I think the Hellcat is quite a good ship. It has a decent fire rate at full guns(ions&particle, i believe). And the Longbow is one of the best bombers i think, I like it more than the Avenger. You MUST love something with heavy ion cannons and plasmas, and it seems to bee a bit more maneuverable than the avenger.

Back