Gratuitous Ship Thread

Originally posted by TC
Don't post random pictures for little or no reason, please. It's rather annoying for those with slower connections.

TC

It's not random...it proves I can shoot down something using the Bearcat!

Originally posted by Frosty

There's a Department of Human Stupidity?

There is now. :D

Originally posted by TC
Don't post random pictures for little or no reason, please. It's rather annoying for those with slower connections.

TC

You forgot to mention the Bearcat is a blah fighter overall.

The failing of the Bearcat was with the gun positioning, not the gun pool. They were too far apart...

... still, it's a damned attractive fighter, and it was great to see something that was a *pure* dogfighter, rather than a fighter that can also carry torpedoes, cloak, tractor things and play the national anthem.

Originally posted by Wedge009

...so a shoe-box with thrusters could do just as good a job as Stiletto. :)

Um, wouldn't a shoe-box be rather smallish?:D

('course, *maybe* I could fit my sister's cat in it--though even that'd be a stretch--and fly it off into space...Heheheheh)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
The failing of the Bearcat was with the gun positioning, not the gun pool. They were too far apart...

... still, it's a damned attractive fighter, and it was great to see something that was a *pure* dogfighter, rather than a fighter that can also carry torpedoes, cloak, tractor things and play the national anthem.

You forgot slicing and dicing french fries in thirty different ways

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

I thought the Bearcat had auto-tracking guns, so wouldn't that make the gun positioning irrelevant as the guns aim themselves?

Was that a dig at the Bearcat or confed guns in general uh? Mr Kat? :D (joking)

seriously though, i can understand where you are coming from, I don't know about the gun sychronization setup, but at close range 2 or 3 out of the 4 guns do miss the target

Yep, same problem for me sometimes with the Banshee's lasers. That's one of the reasons why I like the Vindicator so much, neat centered guns.

Imagine all four of the Bearcats Tachyon guns in a Vindicator's gun setup:eek: nasty!!

Back