Gladius could join us, Sabre!

Eder

Mr. Standoff
Gladius could join us

Technically, these aren't official yet... I still want to make a few changes to the textures, and I think the whole thing should be a tad darker... but I'm not sure if this sector is just too bright or what... oh, well, here they are:

shot101.png

shot102.png

shot103.png

*Notice that Bradshaw is just showing off to the local girls in these screenshots, since he's charging towards a Fralthra with a fighter-loadout Gladius. :p

Man..... the only thing that is going to suck is the fact that I won't be around to download this thing when it comes out!

That does not look healthy for that Gladius...I'm guessing a second later every system light flashed and the eject light went up...

Looks amazing too....waiting is such a hard game...

Dundradal said:
That does not look healthy for that Gladius...I'm guessing a second later every system light flashed and the eject light went up...
Actually, I'm pretty sure invulnerability was on :p But even if it wasn't, the Gladius can take a few consecutive flak hits before it blows up.

They're animated clouds that come out of a turret, but they don't have an actual area effect yet.

I'm bored, so here's something you all will (hopefully) recognize:
sabrelicious.png

The horrible, horrible pun in this thread's title has been updated accordingly.

hehe, there's even less visibility than I remembered. I don't know how many times I lost a torpedo lock trying to keep the capship in that little half circle while dodging AMG's. :)

C-ya

Ok, I've finished the Sabre's strut, and added a website update about it. Here are the new shots for those who have already seen the Gladius:

You're going to make some people VERY happy :) I hope you back everything up in triplicate ;)

It's still too bad you can't get the hand at the bottom. That would be pretty awesome. I suppose you could throw in a stationary hand at the bottom of the cockpit struts, as part of the strut "picture", and it'd just move and weave with the struts, but never actually "move".

Heh. What I miss most about that are the gauges that are actually "burned into" the background cockpit, but I know the limitations of the engine and that would be VERY difficult if not impossible to do.

Good Gladius, nice Sabre, though I'm sorry to say that I never really liked the Gladius (the Confed Banshee was nicer for a big bad heavy) or the Sabre (WAYYYY too fragile)...

Back