General Questions from the new guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean in the beginning of the movie? I got up and screamed at the top of my lungs, witnessing one of the most apocalyptic scenes in animated film. WHOA!

Originally posted by Supdon3
There are no plans for a new WC game because at this time, they dont think it will sell all that well. All the other space sim games (Freespace 2, Starlancer, Tachyon: The Fringe) bombed in sales so they are waiting for a more opportune time. Apparently it in NOT because Origin is focusing on Ultima Onine.
I have these games and the reason I don't like them as much as WC games is the lack or weak storylines. WC games are more like reading a book. I play the missions so I can turn the page. These other games while they may have great game play and gaming engines, there no feeling as if your are part of the story. You're just flying missions. They need a real scifi writer to develop the story.

I believe if Origin/EA would be true to the WC as it been done in the past. Great story lines and decission making, the game will sell. Didn't WCP do will in sell?

Transformers and Masters of the Universe were fun films. OK not oscar winning material but fun and re-watchable none the less. Wing Commander is in the same category - god I love that beginning intro with the map and all.

PS the most sad scene in Transformers is when Optimus Prime dies. :(

[Edited by Penguin on 06-17-2001 at 19:57]

Originally posted by LeHah
:p

But seriously, I do have some weaknesses for bad movies and when I do, it's usually based around it's villian... Transformers: The Movie is one and Masters of the Universe is the BIG one.

Hey !!! Transformers is an excelent movie !!!!!!
With all the Shrapnels and other insecticons copy plus the death of Starscream. !!!! :)

The Death of Starscream was freaking awesome! But the thing that did it for me was the battle in the beginning between Megatron and Optimus Prime! GOD YES! :D

Originally posted by Johnl12
I have these games and the reason I don't like them as much as WC games is the lack or weak storylines. WC games are more like reading a book. I play the missions so I can turn the page. These other games while they may have great game play and gaming engines, there no feeling as if your are part of the story. You're just flying missions. They need a real scifi writer to develop the story.

Yeah, that's right. That's also a reason for the great sucess of Metal Gear Solid. Not only the graphic, the story is just awesome. And in Wing Commander the plot is even better! I mean the story is so good they make novels out of it. Or have you seen any Duke Nukem or Gran Tourismo books? The secret of the sucess of WC is definitely the plot and the damn good atmosphere. You start to live in that universe and that's why you like it.

[Edited by Kilroy on 06-18-2001 at 21:15]

Originally posted by Kilroy

Or have you seen any Duke Nukem or Gran Tourismo books?.

Well actually, there supposedly is planned a Duke Nukem movie, which would probably spawn a novelization. And if the movie does even remotely good, there would be more.

Originally posted by Ladiesman^
Originally posted by Kilroy

Or have you seen any Duke Nukem or Gran Tourismo books?.

Well actually, there supposedly is planned a Duke Nukem movie, which would probably spawn a novelization. And if the movie does even remotely good, there would be more.

Well, okay, but y'a know what I meant! There's also A Tomb Raider Movie (omg Angelina looks awesome!!!) but they had to write a real script for it. Some of the WC Novels are (almost) taken from the games.

Ghost: 2 Cyclonuses? Actually I think that is an animation goof. Sort of like when Ultra Magnus puts the matrix in his chest.

LeHah: You're right. Optimus Prime taking on the Decepticons on his own, ranks as one of the greatest and most successful offensives of all time. :cool:

Isn't there a DooM movie coming out in the near future?

A DooM movie has been the stuff of rumors for many, many years... actually, for a while Chris Roberts had deigned to allow someone else to direct WC, and planned to do DooM himself... HOW SCARY IS THAT?

Originally posted by LeHah
The Death of Starscream was freaking awesome! But the thing that did it for me was the battle in the beginning between Megatron and Optimus Prime! GOD YES! :D

Heh. Well, let's just say that I spent most of the next year planning inventive and cruel deaths for Hot Rod. :D At least Prime and Starscream got to go out in a blaze of glory though. While the movie rocked, I hated the way so many of my favorite characters (Prowl, Brawn, Rachet) got killed so casually.

Best, Raptor

Yes, there is.
It's currently filmed in Berlin (starring Milla Jovovich and Michelle Rodriguez).

[Edited by Nighthawk on 06-19-2001 at 05:57]

Same place the rest of Megatron goes when a 30 foot robot transforms into a 6 foot rifle. :D

Best, Raptor

[Edited by Raptor on 06-20-2001 at 03:24]

Originally posted by Penguin
LeHah: You're right. Optimus Prime taking on the Decepticons on his own, ranks as one of the greatest and most successful offensives of all time.

I'm sure they teach the manuver at West Point. :)

resident evil movie

Let's just hope they will do a good job. I fear that they will soften the whole movie in order to get a FSK 16 version, which means that people aged 16 and older can watch it in the cinemas.
There's another problem here in Germany the BPS.
They are more often than not declaring something as no suitable for non-adults cause of depiction of violence (blood in pc games for example).
The result is that all german game versions are altered ant "tamed".
Sometimes the results are at least "ridicolous".

I better stop now otherwise I will go on for hours like this complaining...lol.

Originally posted by Nighthawk
Yes, there is.
It's currently filmed in Berlin (starring Milla Jovovich and Michelle Rodriguez).

[Edited by Nighthawk on 06-19-2001 at 05:57]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back