General Questions from the new guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Penguin
IIRC the Transformers Movie is set in between the second and third transformers seasons. Rodimus announces the war is over but as the third season demonstrates its not. Optimus uses the matrix to do something which restores Cybertron, not the universe, to its original pre-war paradise like state.

Actually, you guys are thinking of two differant episodes. In the final two part episode to the Third Transformers season, "The Return of Optimus Prime", Prime does indeed use the Matrix to heal the universe of of a hate plague that makes everyone turn on each other.

In the 3 part episode right after that, "Rebirth", (which was meant to be the start of a fourth season that was later aborted) the power of the super-computer Vector Sigma (rather than the Matrix) is used to save the Earth after the Decepticons cause the sun to go nova. In the process, the excess energy drained off from the sun is used to restore Cybertron.

PS: in case you haven't guessed, Transformers are about the only thing that come close to WC as being the focus of my life. :D

Best, Raptor

No, there is the HATE PLAGUE when everyone hates the other and OP must use the matrix to heal the people of the Earth and Cybertron, in this double-chapter the Quints. revives OP and also appears Goldenbug (prior bumblebee)

Originally posted by Raptor

In the 3 part episode right after that, "Rebirth", (which was meant to be the start of a fourth season that was later aborted) [/B]

Fourth season aborted? :( Why? Nooooo! :mad:

Incidentally when Prime was revived how come they didn't make him into Powermaster Optimus Prime?

I think it was aborted simply because the toy line wasn't selling well at that point. As with a lot of 80s cartoons, the Transformers show was essentially an ad for the toy line.

As for Powermaster Prime, he only ever appeared in the comics, not the TV show. Prime was brought back because so many of the fans hated his death in the movie (deaths plural, if you count the zombie Optimus Prime in "Dark Awakening"), and I guess Hasbro figured it was better to bring back the original.

Best, Raptor

I remember how Prime was resurrected in the Marvel Comics. Galvatron had hunted down and exterminated all the Autobots except a few that escaped to the sewers of Earth. Most of the Decepticons were destroyed too, but I don't remember how. Anyway, right after Galvatron kills the last Autobot and also fights Megatron (Don't remember this, but saw the ish in Cave Comics recently) then goes into the final battle against Optimus Prime, who's ressurection in the final issue could only be compared to the Second Coming.

Ye Gods, a splash page of Prime in a dark blue / black moteif and the look on Galvatron's face for the two pages after that was unforgettable. It was something along the lines of:

Galvatron: You can't be dead! I killed you! How can you be alive?!

Prime: As long as you are alive, I will be here to fight you in the eternal struggle known as living, Galvatron!

When your 7 or 8 and then find Transformers is "dead" when your 11 and find that last ish collecting dust and read it, it's like some kinda holy prophecy... :D

[Edited by LeHah on 06-24-2001 at 01:29]

When you count all the various continuities (the US TV show, the Japanese episodes, the US comics and the British comics) Optimus Prime has died and been resurrected at least half a dozen times. He has more lives than that guy from Highlander. :D

Best, Raptor

Yeah, but Optimus Prime would whip the kitty out of any Highlander! Remember that jumping shot he made in the Movie where he shot down practically the entire Decepticon force on Earth?!

OK, this thread's getting pretty bad... Highlander vs. Transformers? I'm dissapointed in all of you...

3) Due to the near-certainty of "(something) vs (something)" threads stirring up flames/discord, especially if they involve other sci-fi universes, such threads are specifically banned.

More realisticly, this thread's horribly off topic and isn't really discussing anything important.

TC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back