General Questions from the new guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Ghost was joking.

I've only got vague memories of the Transformers movie. I remember Optimus dying, but not the battle before hand, and I remember Starscream getting slagged. Unicron was creepy too. And I remember giant heads talking to the Autobots, do they have anything to do with the Tripredacus Council?

The Tripedicus council was only around in Beast Wars, which is set a long time after the original Transformers show. The talking heads you mention might be the Quintessons, who originally created both the Autobots and the Decepticons as slaves, before the Transformers gained self awareness and rebelled against them. The Quintessons look like giant spheroids with five faces around the middle.

Best, Raptor

truesilver: It's no German movie though. It's just filmed in Berlin for the locations (subway station construction site).

Originally they wanted to shot the movie in London but changed their mind when they saw the location.

Originally posted by Raptor
The talking heads you mention might be the Quintessons, who originally created both the Autobots and the Decepticons as slaves, before the Transformers gained self awareness and rebelled against them.
Probably. As I said, I only have vague memories - watched when I was quite young - and that particular bit creeped me 'cause I didn't recognise them as being Decepticons.

Well, anyone who sees the Quintessons' "master plans" to regain control of their former servants will realise that intelligence isn't one of their strong suits. :D

Seriously, I think the name "Decepticon" was just something the show's creators picked to clearly delineate which group of Transformers were the "bad guys."

Best, Raptor

Heh. Well, you would think the fact that the Decepticons try to enslave or destroy the human race just about every episode would be enough of a clue. :D

Best, Raptor

All TV in the 80s had to be more obvious!

Aside from "Muppet Babies", that is. That show was just confusing. I mean why did they always have Star Wars clips? And why were they all owned by some woman?

Muppet Babies was one of the finest 80s cartoons. The reason with all the LucasFilm clips was that George Lucas and Jim Henson had a close relationship in the late 70s through the 80s up til Henson's death from pnemonia. Lucas originally approached Henson to work on Yoda for ESB, but Henson was up to his rear in work and pointed to Frank Oz (who also does the voice of Miss Piggy) and the rest is history...

IIRC the Quintessons constructed Cybertron to be a giant robot producing factory. They produced two types - military and non military. The robots developed self awareness and in the First Cybertronian War drove out the Quintessons. Then the military robots attempted to take over the non military robots. This was the Second Cybertronian War. The non military robots defeated the military robots by developing the ability to transform. Since the majority of them turned into vehicles they got the name Autobot. Later on the military robots that survived developed the ability to transform, though they tend to turn into military hardware or some other destructive device. Hence they got the name Decepticons. Their counterattack launched the Third Cybertronian War. This war wasn't resolved until the end of the Transformers Movie when the Autobots regained control of Cybertron. At the end of the movie Rodimus Prime announces that the war is over.

The oddest thing about the Muppet Babies' owner/nanny was that we only ever saw her legs beneath the knees.

But later you have the other season of Transformers with Rodimus and the others and in the last chapter OP uses the matrix to heal all the universe.

IIRC the Transformers Movie is set in between the second and third transformers seasons. Rodimus announces the war is over but as the third season demonstrates its not. Optimus uses the matrix to do something which restores Cybertron, not the universe, to its original pre-war paradise like state.

Originally posted by Penguin
The oddest thing about the Muppet Babies' owner/nanny was that we only ever saw her legs beneath the knees.

Perhaps she was a stripper on a regular network sitcom.

They were orphans for cryin out loud! No one wanted them! Thats why they were always there. And the Star Wars clips (and Indiana Jones and Star Trek and countless other things) were them using their vast muppet imaginations! It was their way of dealing with the pain of abandonment (though Piggy developed a frog fixation that was only matched by Gonzo's chick fixations in strange developements created by their dealing with the truama of abandonment.

That's kinda dirty... I mean, if somehow Mrs Piggy and Kermit are related and they go out and stuff... Anyway, how would a pig and a frog be related?

TC

mbabies_gonzo.gif

Figuring out what Gonzo is is way dirtier than the implied incest!

They did that in the last movie, Muppets in Space. He's an alien!

I dont think they need to have twenty children from the same parents before they can open an orphanage though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back