For the Gents

Which One?

• Angel (strong willed, natural leader... and [i]Belgian[/i] *dr00lz*)

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Panther (good-girl, ex-pirate & privateer... heh heh heh :cool: )

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • Flint (truly, the sauciest... oh yeah, she's ambitious)

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • Spirit (ummm... really quiet... nice earrings)

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Rachel (eh, sixth times a charm :confused: )

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Stiletto (the leather & whips type :eek: )

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • Excel (talks dirty... heh heh heh :cool: )

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Commander Patricia Drake, Commander Air Group

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Sosa

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally posted by Col.Dom

That rule doesn't apply in WC, though :p

You see, in the *modern* military, an officer is not to have anything outside of a professional relationship with enlisted folks. Blair's affair with Rachel violated that rule, since she is a crew chief, making her enlisted. BWA HA!!

Normally, that's considered fraternization. Happens more often than you think. Some 30-yr-old captain running around with an 18-yr-old airman first class :rolleyes:

Blair probably wasn't supposed to pursue an intimate relationship with a crew chief. It doesn't generally stop people though, does it?

In Bear's case, didn't sparks get a promotion to lieutenant before the end of the war?

Originally posted by panther
Blair probably wasn't supposed to pursue an intimate relationship with a crew chief. It doesn't generally stop people though, does it?

Nope, it sure doesn't (read: Cpt & A1C). Plus, given the circumstances, I'm sure no one really cared. As Vagabond put it "Formalities tend to be forgotten when you spend most of your time just tryin' to survive."

Daaaaaaaammmnn straight :cool:

Nope, it sure doesn't (read: Cpt & A1C). Plus, given the circumstances, I'm sure no one really cared. As Vagabond put it "Formalities tend to be forgotten when you spend most of your time just tryin' to survive."

Daaaaaaaammmnn straight :cool:

I know I wouldn't care (in war at least). In peacetime, i'd probably pause:)

During the war, it just gives you one more thing to fight for, especially if your honey is the carrier that you are defending :D

Panther's right, love can be a benefactor in making sure you win. After all, making sure your mate doesn't get iced can make you fight a little harder, and the sooner you shake and bake, the sooner you can see each other again!;)

I agree it would make you fight harder, but it'd make your mental state all the more into question (leading to a possible psych discharge) should your significant other be killed. (All the more if she/he was on a carrier you were trying to protect/save.)

Originally posted by Wulf
... and the sooner you shake and bake, the sooner you can see each other again!;)

Don't you mean the sooner you can see each other, the sooner you can shake and bake? ;)

Heh heh heh <G>

The downsides are:
1.) If one of the two dies, the survivor is usually a mess afterwards - the Blair "do I get drunk or not?" scene following the revelation of Angel's death is a mild example of this.
2.) If others think that the loverbirds are helping each other out at the expense of the rest of the unit, then morale can suffer. IIRC, Angel makes reference to this at one point, after making a mid-briefing change which removes Bluehair from a convoy strike. The perception that the mechanics are spending a higher than normal amoung of time on a certain colonel's fighter(s) at the expense of the rest of the squadron, or the perception that Flint is getting choicer missions than the rest of the squadron (or being left home while the rest of the squadron goes on a suicide mission to Kilrah, perhaps? ;) ) could screw morale up faster than Blair can make a conversation choice.

Originally posted by junior
The perception that the mechanics are spending a higher than normal amoung of time on a certain colonel's fighter(s) at the expense of the rest of the squadron, or the perception that Flint is getting choicer missions than the rest of the squadron (or being left home while the rest of the squadron goes on a suicide mission to Kilrah, perhaps? ;) ) could screw morale up faster than Blair can make a conversation choice.

Most certainly. Though I don't think that Col. Blair's little friendship with Rachel really meant that he was getting special treatment through that route.

Don't you mean the sooner you can see each other, the sooner you can shake and bake? ;)

Heh heh heh <G>

Works both ways doesn't it? hehheh...SUGAR DADDY!

Originally posted by pygmypiranha

Most certainly. Though I don't think that Col. Blair's little friendship with Rachel really meant that he was getting special treatment through that route.

Whether its actually happening or not is largely irrelevant. What matters is whether it looks like its happening. Its like the scene in WCIV when Maniac and Decker have it out. If you keep Decker from hitting Maniac, then *obviously* the only reason you're doing that is because pilots stick together. Whether that's true or not doesn't matter as much as what Decker thinks.
Historically, Blair and Rachel hooking up took place so late that the war was over before there were any real chances for ramifications. But if it had happened a little earlier, and a pilot (say Flash) noticed that his fighter was behaving a little oddly (quirks aren't unheard of in high-tech machines), and said problem wasn't getting fixed (again, not unheard of for techs to be unable to trace a quirk), then he might gripe to Radio Rollins that the chief's been spending time polishing the wheel struts on Blair's fighter when she should be fixing legitimate problems.

...after making a mid-briefing change which removes Bluehair from a convoy strike...
Listening post. But the point is good.

...then he might gripe to Radio Rollins that the chief's been spending time polishing the wheel struts on Blair's fighter when she should be fixing legitimate problems.
Why should Rollins care? Besides, Flash complained about everything, at least before he lost to Blair. :)

Flash was pretty easy if you just don't afterburn after him. He'll run out of fuel and he loses the extra agility edge, or you can just outsnipe him from afar as he turns in on you.

No one was saying he was hard. ;)

Though the funny thing is that I find him to be harder than any other Kilrathi they throw at us (barring Thrakhath, and even he's not as good as he thinks he is). Maybe it's just that Confed ships need to have a superior edge to counter the Kilrathi's superior numbers. Hobbes can be [but not necessarily] hard to defeat in his Thunderbolt, I just wish he said something before he goes boom...

Originally posted by Wedge009
I just wish [Hobbes] said something before he goes boom...

On the 3DO version he does... either way you kill him (after he defects or near Kilrah). It's something along the lines of "You have bested me, old friend."

Bah. I forget....

Originally posted by panther In Bear's case, didn't sparks get a promotion to lieutenant before the end of the war?
I don't think Bear and Sparks were ever an item. Sparks had feelings for him, but neither of them ever acted on it. IIRC, Spark's promotion was quite a while before the end of the war, between WC2 and End Run.

Best, Raptor

Back