Fighter numbers

Officially it is the Lance. It is commonly known to the populace of the WC universe and many of the fans as the Dragon.

TC

Wait, wait, wait. The Dragon/Lance was developed by the guys who made the Excalibur? Whoa, so Tolwyn must have been careful to secret them away at Axius. Just from the game, I assumed that the Black Lance made the Dragon/Lance themselves.

They still need the technicians to design them, facilities to build them, secret test grounds to test them without anyone not involved in the Black Lance to see them so they cant be connected to the "terrorist" actions.

Though I imagine that whoever authorised the project in the first place was in for a hell of a surprise when it was finally revealed what Tolwyn had used the fighters for.

Best, Raptor

Would it be possible for Confed to eventually realise that the unmarked fighters which attacked Melek's convoy were the Lances produced under Tolwyn's orders?

With lots of digging into where those fighters came from, to who designed them, to who ordered them designed, and who requisitioned them they could eventually lead to Tolwyn.

Which is why I thought it made more sense if the Black Lance made the fighters themselves. Superior design and all that.

Uh huh, I know that - I guessed it wouldn't be too hard for the Black Lance to procure the necessary information... but then perhaps they'd eventually get traced back to Tolwyn, anyway.

Originally posted by Wedge009
Would it be possible for Confed to eventually realise that the unmarked fighters which attacked Melek's convoy were the Lances produced under Tolwyn's orders?

Given enough time, I don't doubt it. By then though, Tolwyn would have gotten his war declaration and cemented his power (as you see happening in the ending of WC IV if you fail) and the whole thing would have been moot.

Best, Raptor

Back