Fighter numbers

Frosty:

Let's face it, Wing Commander is a fictional universe. There is no real such thing as fact in it. If he wants to keep the movie and the games separate, that's his own business, and there really isn't any reason for you to get ticked off at him.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

I think the WCM, like just about every movie based on a game, isn't meant to be a part of that saga. Usually it takes factors from everything and puts them together. The WCM did that, for the most part. Well, not really. I think they attempted to with the Skipper missle (which btw I still think is the same damn thing as in WC3, however LOAF has penetrated the plating of durasteel around by brain before)

Uh, were you intending to respond to that, or just quote it, LOAF?

thaks Fenris. I wanted to say that, but I just get shot-down by Frosty every time, so I kept my mouth shut... :(

Originally posted by Fenris
Uh, were you intending to respond to that, or just quote it, LOAF?

I'd like to know just exactly when LOAF said what you quoted...

Let's face it, Wing Commander is a fictional universe. There is no real such thing as fact in it.

...And I'm dying to know where you got that crazy notion.

If he wants to keep the movie and the games separate, that's his own business, and there really isn't any reason for you to get ticked off at him.

Well, considering the fact that the issue isn't, wasn't, and never will be up for public debate, I think you're pretty much wrong there, buckaroo.

And besides, if it were his own business, which it isn't, he shouldn't have gone and thrown it out in the open like he did.

[Edited by Frosty on 05-09-2001 at 00:38]

Frosty, when you say that the idea that Wing Commander is fictional is a crazy notion, you seriously need a reality check. Get off the computer and go get a job or something, until you become reaquainted with the real world.

Alright, now I've cooled off a little.

Wing Commander is, always has been, and always will be fictional. The events didn't happen, the people don't exist. It's fake. It exists purely for our enjoyment. If some element of it interferes with that enjoyment, it is up to the individual to accept that element. And nothing you say can change that, you can only make people mad with imperious statements like you aimed at me.

[Edited by Fenris on 05-09-2001 at 13:15]

Suggest you enroll in Sarcasm 101...:)

Hehehe...and you accuse me of taking stupid pills!

Oh, and I didn't neccesarily say the WCM IS a movie within WC, I just meant I thought it was intresting idea. As much as I don't really like to accept it, it IS canon. I just argue about it because it was real disappointment to me.

And now i'm really confused. I thought that all of WCATV took place before WC1, then the movie, then WC1. Now that's weird. Although, I guess it's not terrible. Where was Hunter, Knight, Angel, and the others? I guess they WERE there but we just never saw them?

But didn't in the last episode of Academy Blair and Maniac graduate from the Academy? Weren't they "cadets" the whole time. I was under the impression that they trained there, left, then just ended up being assigned there too. Is there any hard proof that WCATV didn't take place before WC1? Cause if there is, then, I guess i'm obviously wrong.

Academy isn't *the* Academy (on Hilthros)... it's a special command school, which various pilots are attending. The *first* episode isn't even about the Academy -- it's Flight School, the program you attend *after* the TCSNA.

The solid proof that it takes place after Wing Commander 1 is that the last episode is about the 2654 Sivar ceremony, which took place after WC1 started.

oh, ok. Then, well, I was wrong. But why...if it's NOT about "the academy", WHY is it called "Wing Commander Academy"? Just wondering....

So my character reached the rank of Lt. Colonel during the Vega Campaign, and then was bumped back to cadet for Academy training aboard the now refitted-closed-flight-deck-version-Bengal-II-Class-Tiger's Claw?

It is allll clleaaarrr nowwww.....

Well, considering the fact that the issue isn't, wasn't, and never will be up for public debate, I think you're pretty much wrong there, buckaroo.

aren't we "debating it publicly" right now? :)

Originally posted by Gagarin
So my character reached the rank of Lt. Colonel during the Vega Campaign, and then was bumped back to cadet for Academy training aboard the now refitted-closed-flight-deck-version-Bengal-II-Class-Tiger's Claw?

It is allll clleaaarrr nowwww.....

No... WCA takes place *during* WC1, not after.

The Tiger's Claw isn't a 'Bengal II' -- that sounds like some sort of silly Aces club thing.

Cadet is a position, not a rank.

F-107 Lance
Why would the Dragon/Lance be given an official designation when it was designed/developed/produced by an illegal organisation for illegal and immoral use?

Didn't you just say this LOAF?

"The solid proof that it takes place after Wing Commander 1 is that the last episode is about the 2654 Sivar ceremony, which took place after WC1 started."

Er?

"The solid proof that it takes place after Wing Commander 1 is that the last episode is about the 2654 Sivar ceremony, which took place after WC1 started."

The Lance was designed by the same team that developed the Excalibur -- Douglas Aerospace. They recieved a contract, produced a fighter and it was given a designation. Whether or not it was used to kill millions is irregardless.

Back