Female Kilrathi ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes maybe. Everything is possible. They had to hold the humans when they were executed for a ceremony....(oh I forgot a Kilrathi woman isn't so weak like a human one...or is the principe of males:musceles, females:fat also true for the Kilrathi?).

This put one other question:
Aside of Sivar-Eshrad ceremony and Puckal ritual, Are other ritual or ceremony in the Kilrathi religion ????

I more understood it like that: Sivar is both at the same time. It would be the same like with the Christian god: Would you say IT is male?
It is the same. It isn't proofed and so it is nothing or both. But maybe somebody will figure it out, what was meant.

Well the Christian God is referred to as He, at least by everybody I've ever met.

Maybe God's a female to Ashley Galaway, but... ;)

Sivar a female

I read that somewhere, I don't recall exactly where but I dismissed it as a mistake, since had been referred to as "he" ("Sivar himself appeared in a vision..."). Now, of course if there's a Sivar-prophet (male) and a Sivar-goddess...
But doesn't Thrakhath sends a communique in SM2 to the Claw, that they have entered "Lord Sivar's holy ground" or sth like that? And "Lord" is a male title, isn't it? They don't hold that Sivar-Eshrad ceremony for the prophet but for the god.

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 06-02-2001 at 14:28]

Like I said before, I haven't finished SM2, but I'm pretty sure Sivar was referred to as a he in Freedom Flight, as well as Prophecy. In Fleet Action though, Sivar is referred to as a goddess.

According to the dictionary, Lord in this case simply means 'God'... it's also "Used as the usual style for a baron" -- so hop to it!

But 'God' is a specifically male term. It's about as gender-neutral as the term 'male' :). And 'Lord' is also a male term - 'Lady' is the female equivalent.

Besides, it's a simple fact that if war is a male-specific activity, which it is for the Kilrathi, then it makes no sense to have a female war god.

Sivar is labelled as a female only once, and plenty of times as a male. So can't we just accept that Fleet Action has a typo, instead of coming up with this 'two Sivars' explanation? 'Two Sivars' makes no sense at all, especially when Fleet Action, apart from that mistake, provides us with an excellent explanation as to why the prophet Sivar was deified in the first place.

[Edited by Quarto on 06-02-2001 at 21:53]

maybe....

Maybe Sivar is kind of like Janus, has two or more faces. Most of the time is a male, but he has a face of a female sometimes.

Or maybe he is sexually ambigous, takes on elements of both sexes. But simply referred to as a male most of the tme for simiplicity sakes.

I'm pretty sure "God" is *not* implicitly male... I mean, how often do you hear the Greek pantheon referred to as gods, or a specific Goddess referred to as the God of something or other? And how often to you hear new age yahoo idiots ranting about how the Christian God is female <G>?

Fleet Action isn't the only source that calls Sivar a *goddess* -- the CCG also refers to her as such (the source for this 'error' is Origin's WC2 era licensing pack...).

Well, it is male strictly speaking, but you're right that many people no longer see that distiction, so what it originally meant is irrelevant. Ah well, female Sivar it is then, even if it makes no sense :).

He'd eat you before you could ask the question. ;)
But in fact, the Christian God is preferred to be male...but proof it. I am none of the 'yahoo idiots' whom tell it should be female. For me it was in earlier years both. Now it is nothing any more, because as you know I gave up believing. At least it's the same with the question of the Black muslims: Is God black or white? Everybody has his own God. So even let them their female god, Loaf. Whom am we that we critize them for their belief in a female god?:) Nobody knows it.

In the 'true' meaning of 'god', 'God' could do anything it pleases. It may appear as he/she/human/kilrathi.

Thank the Lord (?!?!?) I'm an athiest...

Also, is there anything as a dyslexic Kilrathi who has a Dog for a God? "Sivar the war Dog" has a nice ring to it...

I think we should stick with the discussion of Sivar... 'Is the Christian/Muslim/Jewish God male/female and black/white/other' is the textbook definition of dangerous territory :).

*g* how it sounds. But the discussion of Sivar has not defintely-known parallels.*g*.
At least it is all not relevant. I'd say as a compromiss both are non-gender. If not we'll discuss days about that and come to no consense.:)
<dangerous territory left>

from the POD...

god n. 1 a (in many religions) superhuman being or spirit worshipped as having power over nature, human fortunes, etc. b image, idol, etc., symbolizing a god. 2 (God) (in Christian and other monotheistic religions) creator and ruler of the universe. 3 adored or greatly admired person. 4 (in pl.) Theatr. gallery.  God forbid may it not happen! God knows 1 it is beyond all knowledge. 2 I call God to witness that. God willing if Providence allows. [Old English]

Nothing about any gender in there. Godess IS gender specific, God is not.

lord —n. 1 master or ruler. 2 hist. feudal superior, esp. of a manor. 3 peer of the realm or person with the title Lord. 4 (Lord) (often prec. by the) God or Christ. 5 (Lord) a prefixed as the designation of a marquis, earl, viscount, or baron, or (to the Christian name) of the younger son of a duke or marquis. b (the Lords) = *House of Lords. —int. (Lord, good Lord, etc.) expressing surprise, dismay, etc.  lord it over domineer. [Old English, = bread-keeper: related to *loaf1, *ward]

Only the last definition is gender specific here. And master is also non specific here.

As for Sivar, well, as mentioned before, Kilrathi warriors seem to be almost exclusively male. If there were female warriors throughout Kilrathi history surely they'd still be around unless. Unless they dishonoured themselves somehow in the past. How comparable are Kilrathi with Klingons anyway:)

Here's a question, what's the ratio of male:female Kilrathi? Is it possible that the cats are primarily male and females are so few that they cannot be risked in battle?

*fg* It is okay. Won't we finish off the topic?
And I don't believe there are so few female Kilrathi. Maybe there are less, but also many I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back