Female Kilrathi ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Cmdre Crane Seccafien
Is there such thing as pictures of Female Kilrathi ?

:shudders:

Oh, you mean THOSE kind of pictures! Eh heh heh... :D Well, some seem to think Melek is female...check out the WCIV novel...

There is a female Killie in the games...

The Sivar priestess in SM2 with the six piece ?!? brassiere :)

By the way, what does Thrakhath's sister do?

I still haven't been able to finish SM2 (keep ramming the damn Hhriss with low shields.) >(

As for Thrak's sister, she kills people and makes over-the-top proclamations about Sivar. She sort of disappears partway through "Glory of Sivar" IIRC.

[Edited by Fenris on 06-02-2001 at 02:01]

The only picture of a female Kilrathi is indeed from SM2, the priestess of Sivar. But in the WCP intro I think the right drawing on the wall (right at the beginning ,"During the reign of the ancient ones...") shows Kt'lan, the first prophetess of Kilrah.

And I would simply assume that Prince Thrakhath's sister died on Kilrah.

BTW: The WCP manual calls Sivar a prophet. But isn't he a god? I don't believe that he was made a god...

Melek female??????? Asked in another way: Can a female Kilrathi be a crew member on an army ship??? I think, there are only males (never read the contraire), so it is 'difficult'.

Well, prince Thrakhath's sister, Zukara (or how her name is spelled) is a pilot in WCATV, though that may be an exception due to her royal blood.

Melek a female? How can anyone think that?

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
BTW: The WCP manual calls Sivar a prophet. But isn't he a god? I don't believe that he was made a god...
Why not? Even in human cultures, heroes are sometimes made into gods. And it sounds perfectly in tune with what little we know of Kilrathi cultures.

Hmm, like Sivar was the prophet who announced the star gods, told the Kilrathi that they have to be prepared and thus was made their war (and main) god? That's a way I could think of. But it doesn't feel right to me. Battle is the main aspect for the Kilrathi and having a mere (former) mortal being their main god does not fit IMHO.

P.S.: I just re-read the WCP manual and it says that the "Prophecy of Sivar" predates the historical prophet Sivar, thus my theory being not too valid <g>...

I think Thrakhath's sister died at Dolos... we see female Kilrathi in the Prophecy intro, the SM2 priestess scene, in the CCG and on Wing Commander Academy.

The historical figure Sivar was a prophet... the war-god is something else (and, notably, female...) <G>

But at least then the producers didn't like to show female Kilrathi. In the Confederation we see many women, but at the Kilrathi they stay in background...just the imagination of housewifes. There were some fighting women, but not so many compared to Confed.

Well... not exactly -- we're told that in Kilrathi society, the females run the religion, and through that have a large share of the control over the Empire...

Most women were priests of Sivar then...men fight and women pray. Fine role-sharing. Those little minority of women who fought arted then out...:)

There has been a great deal of confusion over the gender of the war god Sivar. It has been referred to as both male and female, as I recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back