Favorite Wingman?

WC1 -Hunter/ Iceman; they both helped you and they helped alot. When I beat WC1 it was hunter that took out the base.
WC2 -Jazz/Stingray: Both were very helpful and both could hold their own.
WC3 Vagabond: I flew with him on almost every mission when I didnt choose him I choose Cobra
WC4 -Maniac and Hawk, they were ruthless
WCP: Blair. Well I spent so much time flying as him it was not a hard choice. For personality I liked flying with Maniac or Maestro. Really I liked most of the wingmen in Prophecy, they got the job done.
Standoff: Cougar and Spoons They're just cool

Another vote for Cougar! You guys are going to give me (and Lynx for Spoons), a big head! :) Seriously, though, it's gratifying to hear that a character I have voiced is connecting with some of you in the way some of my favorite WC Wingmen connected with me. It's kind of a full-circle moment! :)

(And now, I'll quit celebrating each time Cougar gets a vote! I promise!)

WC3- Used to be Maniac and later Flash, but I grew tired of the fact that they wouldn't follow orders since it screwed up my strategies for completing certain missions. After that I would fly with Vaquero. He seemed to be able to take care of himself and I didn't have to watch out for him as much.

Vaquero wasn't my favorite personality, but I liked that he was a nice guy and a musician even though he wasn't a very good musician. You could tell someone just taught him barchords and he was struggling to get even those when he played. Maniac was my favorite personality since he was always amusing. I also liked Flash because he was competitive and I always liked to get every kill before he could get one.

WC4- Originally Primate, but I did a little competition with the wingmen to see who did the best. On nightmare level: I took a Banshee, and went to a mission where you start out facing three Thunderbolts. I immediately said "break and attack" and did a complete 180 away from the combat scene and hit afterburners and autoslide. I just waited to see how my wingmen did. Some of them survived longer than others, but I was surprised to hear Yeager exclaim that he made a kill ("Takedown" or "Enemy Down" don't remember which). After this he promptly died, but he was the only wingman to score a kill. After this I used him regularly and Primate when Yeager was sick from ejecting.

Personality wise I liked using the girl on the Lexington carrier (Vero, I think) who said "Where's my hero?" when she was in trouble- fed my ego really well. As far as in-game personalities Primate was the first to defect to the Border Worlds- even before Eisen. Unfortunately we never get to talk to him. Again, I like the Maniac because he's hilarious.

Bossman all the way. He was the only wingman I had that could actually kill more than 1 Cat before I had slaughtered them all. AND he follows orders. AND he has skill. Hunter was pretty cool too, cuz hes an aussie :D In fact, because he actually kills the base whilst I dogfight in Venice, I have to send him home and do the mission solo to get the Pewter Planet.

Iceyl86 said:
Yeah I know :( I love WC2 though, but yes it was hard for me to shoot down Jazz. As for the rest of you... WHY MANIAC!? He never follows orders, never does a damn thing you tell him other then "Break and Attack," and he ALWAYS seems to go after the same bogey you are!

Icing Jazz was probably one of my more pleasent memories but I played WC2 first that's probably why.

As for "Why Maniac?"

Because he's friggin' hilarious that's why.

Maniac sucks, somewhere in WC1 + SO1/2 where a Mission where you have to fly with him, and you meet 3? Jalthis at one of the first Nav, and he ALWAYS died on them, and i had to do the frigging mission alone.

In WC3 i flew mostly with Vaqeuro, but i hated that he "script dies" when you want your revenge for Cobra.

In WC4, well no fav for me.

WCP, Maestro usually.

Icefire69 said:
Maniac sucks, somewhere in WC1 + SO1/2 where a Mission where you have to fly with him, and you meet 3? Jalthis at one of the first Nav, and he ALWAYS died on them, and i had to do the frigging mission alone.

In WC3 i flew mostly with Vaqeuro, but i hated that he "script dies" when you want your revenge for Cobra.

In WC4, well no fav for me.

WCP, Maestro usually.

I think I remember the mission you're talking about. In fact, I think it is the first or second mission in WC1 that you fly with Maniac. Yeah, he had a habit of getting the crap knocked out of him by those Jalthis.

Hunter was good in Wing 1 and the Iceman`s "GOOD" was always a compilment :) . I`ve never liked Maniac or Flash:( . My fauvorite was Vagabound, but I just LOVE to fly with Excel! "Thouse fools can`t touch my ass!" She is the best!:)

WHY MANIAC!? He never follows orders, never does a damn thing you tell him other then "Break and Attack," and he ALWAYS seems to go after the same bogey you are!

you gave the exact awnser, go maniac!

d3r3k said:
I think I remember the mission you're talking about. In fact, I think it is the first or second mission in WC1 that you fly with Maniac. Yeah, he had a habit of getting the crap knocked out of him by those Jalthis.

Nope, not the first mission, you alread flew a Raptor.

Icefire69 said:
Nope, not the first mission, you alread flew a Raptor.

Oh, okay. In the mission I'm thinking about you're flying Scimitars and Maniac gets his as handed to him as usual. Funny thing is that he died charging at the wing of Jalthis.

Back