Favorite ship?

Hehe... the stealth fighters are Strahka [sic]. I remember because they sound like one of the players from my favorite hockey team.

Speaking of which... Penguin: Thanks for the tip. I didn't think of trying to see if it had boosters. :)

Originally posted by Bob McDob
I don't remember any Bobcats...Hellcat, perhaps? Or Bearcat...or even that Wildcat...forgive me, I'm rembling. :)

You're right, it's been a while since I played WC4... well, I was talking about the B-Cat :D

--Eder

My fav ships to shoot down are:

WC1: Dralhti
WC2: Didn't come far, compu crashes
WC3: Darket
WC4: Hellcat V
WCP: Remora :D
WCso: Everything
SWC: Dralthi an Jalthi

Hmm..I guess I did get that wrong didn't I....methinks I should read more closely next time.

Well, the right list...ships I like to shoot down

WC1: Dralthi (why not)
WC2: Drakhri (cause they make me angry)
Priv: Chruch of Man Talons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (the satisfaction I got from that is immeasureable)
WC3: Corvettes (makes me feel good)
WC4: Banshee (damn I don't like the Banshee..)
WCP: none (They were all the same to me)

[Edited by Ladiesman^ on 06-29-2001 at 18:15]

Concerning rear turrets the Sorthak had like 4 meson guns on it's 6. Trust me - those things could really ruin your day. It was like the only good thing about the Sorthak. Can't believe one of them took out 18 Confed fighters :confused:

Fission guns would be bad for rear turret because the recharge/refire rate is too slow.

Originally posted by Penguin

Fission guns would be bad for rear turret because the recharge/refire rate is too slow.

the point was that it would be interesting if the rear turrets could make it so it would be very unhealthy for me to keep on his tail. most turrets i can dodge or just take the hits untill i kill the enemy. but a turret that could kill you in one hit.
i know that fission guns are too heavy and power draining to mount on a fighter turret.

Originally posted by Penguin
I see no reason why fission guns can't be mounted on a rear turret.

the dragon had one of the best power systems of almost any fighter. and look at the charge time for the fission guns. now add several other guns firing at the same time. and they would probably be too big to be mounted properly

WC1: Love Dralthi -- The original flying bullseye! Hated Gratha, especially when I had to fight them in a Scimitar :( Oddly enough, they weren't nearly as tough for me when flying a Hornet though.

WC2: Drakhri -- It's just another bullseye. Hated the Grakath, I think they had 2 turrets back there.

WC3: Dralthi -- Notice a pattern yet? The flying bullseye returns. Hated Vaktoth, but one DF in the face sure did a number on them.

WC4: Hellcats -- I didn't much like flying them, but they sure easy to blow up. Hated Dragons #@#% cloaking device.

WCP: Lampreys -- Crummy shields, pathetic weapons (Did that weapon actually do damage???) the perfect target. Hated Devil Rays (Spits on one, misses, hits a Dralthi, the Dralthi explodes.)

WCSO: Haven't gotten far enough to say yet.

Originally posted by Cricket
The rear turret on the WC3 corvettes was pretty annoying...

As were the anti-matter turrets on the cruisers. :D I was really only talking about the fighter turrets when I said they were toned down, though. The capship turrets stayped good in WC3 and WC4.

Best, Raptor

WC I- Fav - Dralthi
Least - Jalthi

WC II - Fav - Sartha
Least - Gorthi

WC III - Fav - Paktahn (I love shooting down bombers)
Least - Bloodfang

WC IV - Fav - Banshee (when your not flying them)
Least - Dragons

WC P - Fav - Lamprey
Least - Devil Rays

Fav/Least fav targets

Most fav:
WC1: Krant. They're a slight challenge, but not overly.
WC2: Jazz. Say no more :)
WC3: Dralthi. Liked them in WC1, but in WC3 nothing compares :)
WC4: Longbow. You can't just attack them by tailing them. It takes SOME skill.
Prophecy: Skate.

Least fav:
WC1: Gratha. They're annoying.
WC2: Grikath. Hate the way they fly away from you, with the turrets.
WC3: Paktahn. The explosions were just not... worthwhile.
WC4: Banshee. I hated blowing up cool fighters.
Prophecy: Uhm... I forget.

Shooting down bombers in WC is quite fun, yes. In some other games (eg Starlancer) you had to have a major panic attack whenever a bomber showed up, because you just *knew* the capital ship you were trying to defend was about to get showered with torpedoes.

Best, Raptor

Bombers drive me nuts. Especially in WC3, the rear turrets seem to just pick away at me. Plus when they are around im always on the defensive when i prefer to take the fight to the enemy.

I liked pakthans, they did require a bit of skill to take down, just go on an angle and have fun :)

Going in on an angle did help avoid turret fire but it also made it harder to hit, allowing the other bombers to complete their runs. At least that was how it was in my experience.

If a bomber bothers me, I ram it after I damage her and knock the sheilds down. Am I alone in this? :)

The best defense against the Pakthan's tailgun was definitely a good offense. I usually picked the Thunderbolt, so the mass driver didn't worry too much, especially seeing as it only took a few salvos from the T-Bolt's forward guns to nail the Pakthan.

Best, Raptor

Back