Favorite ship?

Originally posted by Raptor
Shooting down bombers in WC is quite fun, yes. In some other games (eg Starlancer) you had to have a major panic attack whenever a bomber showed up, because you just *knew* the capital ship you were trying to defend was about to get showered with torpedoes.
I get that feeling with the red Mantas. It seems the bigger the Nephilim fighter, the more manoeuvrable it is. Moray -> Manta -> Devil Ray.

Incidentally, Broadswords are really easy to blow up in WC2.

And although I prefer heavier ships - I nearly always flew the Avenger until the Dragon/Lance comes along - I think the Longbow is a bit too sluggish. Thunderbolt is nice, as is the Arrow for its task, but the Hellcat seems to be the worst of both worlds. Less armour, less manoevrability. Hmm, except there's the jack-of-all-trades, and relatively cheap price argument, I guess.

Originally posted by Supdon3
Plus that torpedo comes in real handy against the occasional pesky corvette.

Or the occasional pesky destroyer, for that matter. :D With a good wingamn, you can even take out a cruiser with a synchronised torpedo run.

Best, Raptor

I never needed a torpedo for anything bigger than a corvette. The cruiser was annoying but i could sneak up on it and the destroyer's engines and pick it apart without worrying about it's turrets. The carrier i just flew into its flight deck and blasted it from the inside.

Back