Favorite ship?

Saturnyne

Vice Admiral
Many times I've asked this question... and now, I'm going to take it a step in a most obvious direction.

In each game, what are your favorite all time ships to shoot down? Which ones do you hate?

heh... a juvenile question to say the least, but it's a question for fun, not for seriousness. I'll get the ball rolling.

WC1 - Dralthi are my fave to shoot down, Salthi (Is it? the 6-gunned ship?) are my hated.

WC2 - Drakhri are favorites, despite the rear turret, cap ships are the ones I hate to shoot down.

WC3 - Again, Dralthi, and I hate Vaktoths and Corvettes.

WC4 - Excaliburs are my favorite. They're so easy to take down. I dislike Bearcats because they run away all the time.

WCP - I love to shoot down Barracudas, but I don't like to face Devil Rays.

WCPSO - See WCP.

That's about it for me... hope I'm not ousted or killed or anything. Thanks for reading this.

Originally posted by Saturnyne
WC1 - Dralthi are my fave to shoot down, Salthi (Is it? the 6-gunned ship?) are my hated.
Nope, those are Jalthi... :)
The Salthi is the light fighter with two laser cannons and one dumbfire...

My faves are the Dralthi, the easiest... I hate Hriss or Gratha... a lot of armor to nail!

WC2 - Drakhri are favorites, despite the rear turret, cap ships are the ones I hate to shoot down.
Drakhris don't have turrets, you're either thinking of Jalkehi or Grikaths...

Drakhris and Sarthas as faves, Grikaths as least fave...

WC3 - Darkets fave, Vakthoths and Paktahns least fave...

WC4 - Excaliburs are my favorite. They're so easy to take down.
Now despite it sounds weird, you're right... they're fairly easy to gun down...

Fave: Pirate ships, least fave: Banshees and Vindicators...

[Edited by mpanty on 06-28-2001 at 17:34]

WC1: No particular favorite. Salthis looks kinda cool
WC2: Broadsword
WC3: LONGBOW!!
WC4: Same, until you have go to the damned BW. I don't like any of those fighters.
WCP: Devastator
WCPSO: Same

Note the pattern. I like the bombers. Because of my straight line flying style, I tend to get shot down alot in lighter stuff. However, in a bomber it seems to work quite nicely.

uhm, I THINK you were suppossed to state the fighters that you like to SHOOT DOWN and the ones you HATE FIGHTING... not your favorite good guy ships, unless of course, you like shooting down Devastators :)

Can't remember from WC1, never played WC2

WC3, fave: K'ha'haf (the rock fighter)
least: Vaktoth

WC4, fave: Longbow
least: Dragon (with the bleeding cloak...)

WCP, fave: Skate
least: Squid (come back over here...)

WC1- Jalthi. gotta love somthing that can shoot back
WC2- Kur, and whatever fighter he was in
WC3- don't have
WC4- duh, dragon obviously
WCP- dont got
WCPSO- that fighter, you know the one with guns :D actually they were all too easy to kill :(

WC1-Fave: Krants - buy one cat, get one free :) Least fave: Jalthis of course... you let them on your back for just one second and bang, you're dead.

WC2-Fave: Drakhis and Sarthas. They blow up quick! Least fave: Jalkehis (those things put up quite a fight)

Never played WC3...

WC4-Fave: Bobcats - they provided me with some fun high speed chases :D Least fave: Dragons of course.... damn cloaking thing!

WCP/SO-Fave: Barracudas (are they sitting ducks or what?) Least fave: Rays and their annoying remoras...

--Eder

*L* that's a good response... I have to agree that the Remoras can be difficult... but perhaps I shouldn't limit it to ships? I hate... HATE having to shoot down skippers and capship missiles too. But I suppose that's another topic.

I also forgot about the annoyances of the Squid... I piloted one in the simulator a looooooooong time ago, and it didn't have afterburners IIRC. Yet when I fly against it, it goes faster than the Piranha. What's up with that???

WC1: Favorite target: Dralthi. So damned easy. Plus I like the sim music - it always puts me in a good mood. :)
Most hated fighter: None that I particularly loathed.

WC2: Favorite target: Gothri. I take immense pleasure in ridding space of these SOBs.
Most hated fighter: Gothri. They kill me almost as many times as I kill them :mad:

WC3: Favorite target: Dralthi IV, because they're so pathetic. I suppose that counts for the Darket too.
Most hated fighter: K'Ha Haf. These guys are fast, take forever too kill and their mines seem attracted to my face.

WC4: Favorite target: Any fighter that can be killed from 1 Imrec hit.
Most hated fighter: None that I particularly loathed.

WCP: Favorite target: Remoras. One hit, one kill.
Most hated fighter: Devil Rays and Stingray clusters. Enough said.

Saturnyne: When piloting the Squid treat it as if it has a booster because it does. Press B to activate the booster. It lasts for a little while then recharges. Basically its unlimited AB in spurts.

I don't remember any Bobcats...Hellcat, perhaps? Or Bearcat...or even that Wildcat...forgive me, I'm rembling. :)

My faves, in no particular order:

Dralthi
Dralthi
Dralthi
Dralthi
Salthi (mmm, 6 gun Salthi... :D)
Drakhri
Vesuvius (capship go BOOM!!!)
Razor
Drakhri
Drakhri
Moray (moray go BOOM!!!)
Dralthi

Oh yeah...and Dralthi, Dralthi, Drakhri, and Dralthi. Have a nice day ^_^.

WC1=Dorkir and Dralthi I like to eat flyng pancakes in the morning
WC2=Sthraka
Priv=Kamekh
Armada=The Kilrathi Carrier
WC3=Vakthoth
WC4=isn´t easy...maybe the Razor
WCP=Lamprey.. so easy and it is a weak ship
SO=Tiamat MHUAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA

WC1 Dralthi, just fly at it head on and fire a couple of salvos of Mass Drivers and KABOOM!

WC2 Nothing in particular. Strange, none of the ships from WC2 really stand out for me.

WC3 Strakha, couple of shots and they down. I once saw two of them decloak and collide.

WC4 Dragons, they were just asking for it. All up there with their antimatter engines, cloaking device, and killer look. It was fun putting them in their places.

WCP Moray, they were just cannon fodder but Mantas were nice too.

I basically disliked anything that couldnt in theory at least, be destroyed without having to recharge my guns.

I definitely hated fight Kilrathi fighters with a rear turret in WC2, especailly the Jalekhi and the Grikath. The nuetron guns made them the most effective defensive turrets in any of the WC games, which meant that the only high percentage attack was from the beam, and there you ran the risk of collisions.

Still, while I hated those turrets, I thought turrets were toned down a little too far in later games, especially relative to shield strength. The WC2 turrets gave the same effect that German pilots would have experianced flying into the guns of B-17s and Lancasters, but the ones in WC3/WC4/WCP were mpre of an annoyance than anything else. The T-Bolt and Pakthan's mass drivers in WC3 were okay, but apart from that, I thought those puny lasers and mesons were a joke.

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Raptor

I definitely hated fight Kilrathi fighters with a rear turret in WC2, especailly the Jalekhi and the Grikath. The nuetron guns made them the most effective defensive turrets in any of the WC games, which meant that the only high percentage attack was from the beam, and there you ran the risk of collisions.

Still, while I hated those turrets, I thought turrets were toned down a little too far in later games, especially relative to shield strength. The WC2 turrets gave the same effect that German pilots would have experianced flying into the guns of B-17s and Lancasters, but the ones in WC3/WC4/WCP were mpre of an annoyance than anything else. The T-Bolt and Pakthan's mass drivers in WC3 were okay, but apart from that, I thought those puny lasers and mesons were a joke.

Best, Raptor

yeah, whats the point of having them there if they don't make the enemy afraid to get on your tail? if they were fission guns on the other hand :)

WC1 : Jalthi
WC2 : the stealth fighters (I don't remember their name)
WC3 : Dralthi IV
WC4 : I don't remember :(
WCP : Devil Ray

Back