Favorite fighter, Favorite bomber

But..

Yeah, but HPG does almost equal damage to a LT per hit, and more if you consider it's better ROF. I call it the Torp shooter anyway because it Replaces torps on the Devestator. You can't stop me Ghost! Mwahahaha!:cool:

Re: But..

I wouldn't say it replaces torps, but it's a great alternative. My favorite tactic for knocking out components on the really big ships, is to switch between them. Fire a torp, cut loose with a plasma burts, another as soon as you can, and another torp right after that. It's not quite as good as being able to chain link your torps, but almost.

Best, Raptor

Hey, if a Devil ray tries to joust with you, BLAM. One or two solid HPC hits, and no more annoying Devil ray. I'd like to see torps do that. Plus, what exactly is the use of a LONE Tachyon gun on the Dev anyway? Doesn't the HPC make it useless except for long range shooting, where missiles are more useful?

Perhaps some people can't handle the Plasma's low refire rate and are better with the Tachyon gun when fighting fighters.

Perhaps some people can't handle the Plasma's low refire rate and are better with the Tachyon gun when fighting fighters.

Yeah, I suppose so, but the Tachyon gun's refire isn't exaclty too fast either...

...and isn't that what fighter cover and FFs are for?

Theoretically yes, theoratically. :) I never relied on fighter cover to save my ass in a Dev.
And FFs are too weak IMO to effectively save a bomber.

Well, I would agree with that for WC:p and WC3. In WC4, missiles were so powerfull that FFs were good bomber weapons. The also seemed to do a decent amount of damage in WC1.

Best, Raptor

Back