Favorite fighter, Favorite bomber

Sick... just sick.

You like the GLADIUS? Holy crap, a wraith in armada can singlehandedly take out any other ship 1 on 1. That's insane. All the damn gladius has are a few guns and a load of DFs with one HS. Vs a Wraith with Particles and Reapers that match those 6 guns, AND a better missile loadout. It's insane. I'd rather fly a freaking Scim or Hellcat. Or even a damn Lamprey.

Raptor... that's good.

Hellcat... oh god. Grab a TBOLT or something.

Bearcat looks cool, but that's it.

Maybe you should Download Secret ops... play with the Wasp...

I'm sure the jump issue has been fixed in the production variant of the Morningstar (seen in WCA).

Re: Sick... just sick.

Originally posted by -<Stiletto>-
Holy crap, a wraith in armada can singlehandedly take out any other ship 1 on 1. That's insane.

That's why its my favorite WC ship aside from the Excaliber.

that's hurts stilleto..... right here (points towards heart)

(sniffle, sniffle)

That was harsh, but I suppose pretty valid... the Wraith was the pinacle of Terran fighter technology before the Excalibur came onto the scene.... with the leaches AND reapers..... all technology unique to confed....
But there is something to be said for the Gladius. Now, I used to be a wraith man myself, but for some reason, I really like a good challenge.... the wraith can take anything. But the gladius has the torpedo. And the two fighter's guns can potentially do roughly the same amount of damage...
I usually do my own missile loadouts though, usually replace 4 of the DF's with Image Rec's. .... and occasionally use the heat seeker hardpoint for a leach... (though to be fair that's kind of cheating)

That was harsh,

Yes, I can be as mean of a bitch as WCP Stiletto :D

But anyway, okay, it has a torp, but the Gladius is basically still weaker, only having a load of DFs and a single HS as it's missile loadout, but why can't you leech the Carriers like in Academy :)? Sure, it would be almost impossible to gun it down but, that would be fun...

wait ...and how does the Lexington's small black-ops crew somehow pilot all these fighters??

hmm... maybe

Actually, they probably did, But it was never mentioned.. or was it?

I just cant imagine these 40 black ops guys running a carrier all by themselves, unless it was automated mostly like the Sulaco in Aliens. Sure the Lexington wasn't exactly the heaviest of carriers, but It should have a crew at least the size of a freaking destroyer's...

BL crew? Black Ops crew? Are you sure you're both talking about the same Lexington here?

--Eder

the TCS Lexington A

Well, I'm pretty sure there was regular crew on there as well... in the book that came with Armada (I can't remember the name dammit) there were letters to and log entries from a pilot who apparently used to fly off of the aging TCS Concordia, which had been placed on indefinite patrol duty.

No, you're not talking about the same Lexington <G>

The TCS Lexington in Armada carried a 62-man special ops team -- which is generally believed to be the team that infiltrated Kilrah with Angel. It almost certainly also had a regular crew. (Particularly since it was classed as a *heavy* carrier...).

The TCS Lexington from WCIV (and Fleet Action) had a team of Black Ops personell who took over one of the hangar bays for experiments and... black ops.

wha!

The TCS Lexington in Armada carried a 62-man special ops team -- which is generally believed to be the team that infiltrated Kilrah with Angel. It almost certainly also had a regular crew. (Particularly since it was classed as a *heavy* carrier...).

Wow. Never thought of that.

(Particularly since it was classed as a *heavy* carrier...).

Pretty pathetic heavy as a lone torp takes it out.

Re: wha!

I know several fat people I could knock out with one punch, but that doesn't mean they aren't heavy.

and so?

I know several fat people I could knock out with one punch, but that doesn't mean they aren't heavy.

...your point is? What does that have to do with anything, Frosty?

I could break all kinds of heavy things easily...

Re: and so?

...your point is? What does that have to do with anything, Frosty?
Well, let's see...
Originally posted by Frosty
...my point is? That what you said is retarded as it has nothing to do with the classification of "heavy."

You must be some kind of supergenius... ON OPPOSITE DAY! What's even funnier is that you go right back and contradict yourself, like TC pointed out.

You're a funny guy, too bad it's not because you mean to be ;)

Winner = Frosty.

He's typically right about stuff like this. And you did contradict yourself Stilleto. Just agree with Frosty and lets move on! ;)

Back