Favorite Confed Particle Weapon. . .

What is your favorite Confed particle weapon of all time?

• Laser (the ageless wonder)

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Mass Driver (all varienats regular, charging, heavy)

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Particle Cannon (all variants)

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Tachyon Cannon (all variants)

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • Reaper Cannon

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Ion Cannon (all variants - light, chain, heavy)

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Strormfire Gun (both versions-Mk1 and Mk2)

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Plasma Gun

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Dust Cannon (young upstart)

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Neutron Gun (anotehr ageless wonder)

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
According to the novels Mass Drivers have small slugs... we just don't see the slug-limit simulated in the games.

Ah, I assumed since we have unlimited ammo, the MD used some sort of particle attracting system. But yoiu know what happens when you assume ;)

So I've got a question, if the reaper cannon is the next evolutionary step of the ion cannon, why do we have ion cannons in WCP but no reapers?

C-ya

Originally posted by Viper61
(...)
I'm going to throw this out and get some input from everyone, kind of a related post inside a post, I've been playing Secret Ops (I'm to Episode 3) and I'm kindof wondering whether the new weapons are better than the old. The Black Panther seems to be alittle more underpowered with the cloudburst in place of the tachyon cannons (even though the chain ion cannon is a godsend) and the Vampire seems to have lost a little punch with its particle cannons being replaced by the pulse particle. The Shrike and Wasp are the 2 big improvements with the implementations of the dust cannons and other energy weapon changes. Anyone else notice this?
Cya

I didn't feel that way:

Panther: A bit of a step down. Cloudburst is cool (like the Tachyon but with ca.50% more damage by only a unotably increase in energy cost) but I absolutely despised the Chain Ion. It's quikc fire rate couldn't compensate its awfully short range and even more terrible "bolt velocity".

Vampire: Improvement. Traded a bit of damage for vastly increased range and fire rate. The pulse particle is superior to the chain ion in every respect.

Wasp: Awesome! Absolutely no drawbacks, only gains. Though I mostly used the Dust Cannon alone it was the deadliest ship in the game IMHO.

Shrike: Step down. Though mounting my two favourite new guns, itsgun pool is far too small to use them effectively and the placement of the dust cannons isn't very good.

Originally posted by Ridgerunner Since Fission Cannon:D wasn't a choice:confused: WC4 Stormfire, baby!:D
Sorry, I did the poll including weapons I'd learned from conversation with with other CIC members were favorites. Fission cannons were just not discussed that much.

Originally posted by Viper61
So I've got a question, if the reaper cannon is the next evolutionary step of the ion cannon, why do we have ion cannons in WCP but no reapers?

My guess is the Reaper Cannon was not found to be significantly better than the Ion Cannon.

My favourite has always been the Charging Mass Driver from WCP. The only problem is that the gun can inflict so much damage it almost feels unfair. I've always preferred taking my time lining up a nice clear shot before firing.
The main drawback is that you have to wait for the gun to charge to get the second shot (which is usually able to dispatch most fighters in WCP, even on nightmare). I always get impatient and end up ramming the buggers. Wish you could do that in the other games *sigh*.

I loved the good old "clunk" of the original WC1 mass driver. Then again I also liked the scimitar... go figure.

The Plasma cannon. Heh, with a giant blue blob doing enough damage to punch a hole even through capship-plating you just can't go wrong.

Yes, the FUSION cannon in RF is cool, the Steltek gun in Priv is cool, (too bad you can only get one), but the FISSION cannon in WC4 is TOO cool. The sound when it's charging, the sound when it fires, the RECOIL, how it looks, and oh yes, what happens when a full charge hits one of those badass Hellcats.:D

Mass drivers are just evil. Especially CHARGING mass drivers... Fission cannon with a vengance(and better weapon spread, too)

Plasma.
Sure, its extremely slow to fire, but rate of fire doesn't matter all that much if you only shoot once.

I can't stand the mass driver cannons in any of the games. Tach for me. Fast recharge and packs a pretty heavy blast. The heavier guns are nice but the battles go too quickly with those.

Sorry. I was arguing with all the non - flying, non - aiming, gotta have the auto - aim/turreted/whatever tachyon lovers. I guess I was only amusing me.:(

Saying the same thing over again isn't arguing, it's saying the same thing over again. Arguing requires arguments...

Back