Favorite Confed Particle Weapon. . .

What is your favorite Confed particle weapon of all time?

• Laser (the ageless wonder)

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Mass Driver (all varienats regular, charging, heavy)

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Particle Cannon (all variants)

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Tachyon Cannon (all variants)

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • Reaper Cannon

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Ion Cannon (all variants - light, chain, heavy)

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Strormfire Gun (both versions-Mk1 and Mk2)

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Plasma Gun

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Dust Cannon (young upstart)

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Neutron Gun (anotehr ageless wonder)

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters
Originally posted by LeHah

In Wing Commader, there is no such thing as too close for missiles! Ram them and drop missiles!

I'll bet you got chewed out by Sparks regularly *L* I'm not a big fan of missiles

Originally posted by Ijuin

I would like to put in a word in favor of the plain vanilla Laser cannons, which seem to be an underdog here. True, they have the lowest damage potential of any gun, but, prior to the introduction of the Dust Cannon, the Pulse Particle Cannon, and the Chain Ion Cannon in SOP, they were the fastest-firing guns available. Also, they have the highest range in the game, nearly 50% farther than the Ion, Tachyon, and Particle cannons and their variants.

In Priv 2 Ordinary lasers are actually the best way to go IMHO. They's cheaper by far than any other gun in the game and aside from the Ion gun they have the lowest heat buildup. They definatly have the fastest recharge time of any other gun in Priv 2

Originally posted by Knitewing
In Priv 2 Ordinary lasers are actually the best way to go IMHO. They's cheaper by far than any other gun in the game and aside from the Ion gun they have the lowest heat buildup. They definatly have the fastest recharge time of any other gun in Priv 2

it seems that you know nothing about Mr. Kraven II

Originally posted by Knitewing

I agree. I did not even bother with the volt lasers [range too short for my tastes] or flux beams/flux beams mk. 2. I always just stuck with the cheap stream laser mark 1 until either the mass ion cannons or the kraven mark 2s were available--the mass ion cannons mean that you do not need to use up a valuable hardpoint for a cooling plant, and they never, ever overheat. The kravens, on the other hand, pretty much demand a cooling plant mk. 3/4 to use, but when you have a heavy fighter with four or five kraven guns you can frag anything.

Back