Favorite all time movie

Angel in Wing Commander. :p Yeah, I know, she doesn't exactly do any scenes with a jelly donut, nor does she threaten to rip heads off or gouge out eyeballs, but she's a hard woman, no question. I always thought either Saffron Burrows or Chris Roberts watched Full Metal Jacket to get some ideas.

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
I always thought either Saffron Burrows or Chris Roberts watched Full Metal Jacket to get some ideas.

Angel was nothing like Gunnery Sargent Heartman.

Saffron Burrows made me think of him, but she still doesn't come close.

A gorgeous English woman made you think of a 50-something haedcore drill instructor? You have some issues, buddy.

As in being a hardcore Wing Commander who believes that emotions get in the way, was more what I was referring to when I say she reminded me of Hartman.

Just because you believe emotions get in the way does not make you 'hardcore'. Just like owning an X-Box does not mean it has good games.

Just wait until the new Dead or Alive game comes out. :p Seriously, I think Saffron Burrows played the role well, but it just wasn't in character.

One game does not make a system. Take the Jaguar and "Aliens Vs Predator'.

As for "In character", thats a moot point. You can't expect a character to remain the same if she's played by several different actresses.

Originally posted by LeHah
One game does not make a system. Take the Jaguar and "Aliens Vs Predator'.

As for "In character", thats a moot point. You can't expect a character to remain the same if she's played by several different actresses.

I'm not getting an X Box, and won't be for some time after I get a Gamecube and a PS2, but after seeing the trailor for DOAXBV, I'm making bets this will be the biggest selling game of all time. Period. What can I say, I'm the Devil's advocate and personal mercenary. :p

You're right, I probably shouldn't expect Saffron Burrows to be the same as Yolanda Jilot and what not, but if she wasn't referred to by name, I wouldn't have known who she was. Wait a minute, she looks like Angel from Super Wing Commander. I hardly know the game (have the first one for Super Nintendo), so maybe that one in particular was the one the movie was based on.

It did exist. It was Atari's 64 bit games unit. Some of the games that were to be released on it, from memory, were Mortal Kombat and Doom. (Geez, must be as old as Wing Commander). I remember several letters in a magazine questioning a strane noise it made, with one saying "unless it's the Jaguer purring, I think it's damaged." It was, actually, purring.

Originally posted by Quarto
I was quoting the WC movie...

Oh I got ya. Ha ha ha, that's a horrid thing they say in the movie, to try and get it back on topic, you think the characters were a lot colder than they were in the game?

I'm not getting an X Box, and won't be for some time after I get a Gamecube and a PS2, but after seeing the trailor for DOAXBV, I'm making bets this will be the biggest selling game of all time. Period.

No console game will ever beat Contra III: The Alien Wars.

"Let's Attack Agressively!"

Back