Favorite all time movie

Originally posted by TopGun
I love the Series. Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Stargate SG-1 are one of the few series', to be born from a movie that a re better than the movie.

On the other side of the coin, while I don't subscribe to this line of thinking (I can understand why others do though), there are those who love the games but think the Wing Commander movie ABSOLUBTLY SUCKS!

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
On the other side of the coin, while I don't subscribe to this line of thinking (I can understand why others do though), there are those who love the games but think the Wing Commander movie ABSOLUBTLY SUCKS!

The WC Movie, could have been a LOT beter. if it stuck closer to the games

I love the Series. Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Stargate SG-1 are one of the few series', to be born from a movie that a re better than the movie.

Arguably, M*A*S*H is also on that list. I had mutual friends with Ring Lardner Jr. (I met him a year before he died) and he always said how badly the movie fucked up his script. He threw a fit over it...

Originally posted by LeHah
Arguably, M*A*S*H is also on that list. I had mutual friends with Ring Lardner Jr. (I met him a year before he died) and he always said how badly the movie fucked up his script. He threw a fit over it...

I forgot about M*A*S*H. Please feel free to correct me if you know on any other series', made from films that are better than the flim.

The WC Movie, could have been a LOT beter. if it stuck closer to the games

It could have been worst. Imagine if Jar Jar Binks was in it... For my part, I like the scenes with 1000s of fighters. I'd like to see that in a game, but it would simply kill the video card and cpu.

Speaking of TV shows from movies...

Ghostbusters was a pretty good cartoon after the movie, so was Men in Black.

I like to dog Quantum Leap fans by telling them that it's a Time Tunnel ripoff!:D

I have finally decided my all time favorite movie.

The Right Stuff. Awesome story, awesome soundtrack, awesome to watch.:D :D :D

Gunnery Hartman, I think that's his real name, is a real life Drill Instructor who has acted in and advised on many war movies. Stanley Kubrick told him that he wanted it real. Jesus, I thought he'd burst a vein or have a heart attack.

His real name is R. Lee Emrey(don't know the last name spelling) He does a military history show on history channel called "Mail Call"

It's spelled "Ermey".

And "Band Of Brothers" is a TV miniseries, not a movie.

Back