Fav Wc4 Character

Now that's the saddest thread I've ever seen. Eech.
Ok, those actresses are cute, I think they're pretty too, but, ferchrissakes, keep your jaws from hitting the floor, please.

My fave WC4 charac... Hummm. that would be... aside from the ones in WC4.18378721381, i think pliers is cool. and panther too.

Pliers was cool. And don't forget the comm officer at Blue Point:

"Welcome to Blue Point, Gentlemen ... (*brain fart*) ... you have clearance."

Ehehehe, the comm officer at the Lex was annoying too. Not as annoying as the one in WC4.21873192873, though.
I liked Vagabond a lot too. His death was a great storytelling moment. All the luck thing, and then Maniac feeling guilty for winning... Pretty good.

The Lexington's comm officer had to be the worst of the series. Rollins and Sosa were very good, and even the comm officer in Prophecy wasn't bad. One of the defining (evil grin) moments of Wing Commander IV is seeing your torpedos connect with the Lexington and seeing the Comm Officer on screen, calling out for one last time, with smoke in the background.

Dervish said:
. . . Mr. Bracken on Herman's Head . . .
Such a great old show, I wish they'd bring it to DVD.

Tolwyn is my favorite character from WC4, Malcolm McDowell is great. Though Maniac comes in a close second. This is Tom Wilson's best performance as Maniac . . . not sure if thats due to the writer's or his comic ability :)

C-ya

Maniac got kind of boring

Don't get me wrong. I think his character was pretty important in the first four games because as long as Blair was the focus, he had to have an opposite that pissed him off and rivaled him. The cartoon made them seem like huge rivals yet pretty good friends.

Blair and Maniac seem to hate each other the most in WC3. In part 4 they actually seemed a little more understanding of each other and they talked more civil up until Maniac was giving bad advice to Catscratch.

However, in part 5 they seemed to show Maniac too much for how significant his character really was in that one. Showing Blair made a little more sense though. Although I thought it was kind of predictable how he'd get abducted by the aliens. I don't know, just kind of rambling now I guess. But I really did like Lt. Casey in Prophecy. I just thought he was a cool actor and would've been a good choice of character to be the focus of any possible future WC games.

Yeah, that guy from Bluepoint was hilarious I thought. I'm surprised they just didn't use a soundbyte for that part of the game. That guy must have been a programmer on the game and wanted a cameo or something.

Casey and Maestro were my fav WCP characters for sure for example i liked the line "Is it just me or is it just women" then Maestro says ""It is you"

Dervish said:
I'm surprised Chris Roberts didn't want to reshoot that sequence, but there he is, playing a Black Lance pilot at the trial. "AND I COULDN'T GO ON!", pointing his finger at Tolwyn.

Thats Chris Roberts? I thought that was just some hobo they found on the street lol.

Dervish said:
The Lexington's comm officer had to be the worst of the series. Rollins and Sosa were very good, and even the comm officer in Prophecy wasn't bad. One of the defining (evil grin) moments of Wing Commander IV is seeing your torpedos connect with the Lexington and seeing the Comm Officer on screen, calling out for one last time, with smoke in the background.

:D

Edfilho said:
I never torpedoed the Lex, I always leeched it. More humane, more humiliating...

Quite the Naismith fan, aren't you. The comm where he blows up is surprisingly entertaining.

god I hate naismith, he always sounded like he was talking through his nose, and he always sounded like you failed each mission withe his tone when you asked for clearance to land. I always destroyed the Lex, I LOVED the final com from him, ' Mayday, Mayday, this is the TCS..(static)', that was my favorite part of the game. I always thought that Rollins was better and funnier, but I gues the guy who played him wasnt available.

I'm no Naismith lover, good sir, but I do value the lives of my fellow Confederates indeed.
Even though there were many covert Black Lancers (or SRA people) in the LEX, I'm sure there were many unknowing pilots and crew. If I had no choice but torpedoing it, I'd kill the ship, of course. But considering that I could neutralize it without killing the entire crew...

But if I faced Naismith on a Fighter, I'd kill him for sure.

After reading this, I went back and started up WC4 again... why was it that they decided to do away with cockpits? I've always wondered about that.

I wondered about that too.

Though I wouldn't have minded to see what the cockpits of those WC4 ships looked like, I really liked the full screen view the the HUD projected all over it. Often when I played WC3 I used the full screen view.

Back