• Black Lance

Votes: 26 55.3%
  • Society of Madrian

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Belisarius Group/Y-12

Votes: 4 8.5%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Raptor leader
Pilgrims were Traitors if you read Pilgrim Stars and the Movie Novel...You would see that.

Yeah, *I* didn't read the movie novel or Pilgrim Stars. (Err, check out the credits page for both books;))

To be a Pilgrim is to follow a specific religion... the people who hijacked the Olympus and used it to attack Confed were Pilgrims -- but they were working alone... they didn't speak for the millions of people who practice the Pilgrim religion.

No... they were an an opposing nation... the Pilgrim Alliance... you wouldn't say Italy was a 'traitor' in World War II...

I liked the blacklance just cause they were terrifing in what they could do and that they were doing it right under confed's nose, and not to mention the weapons and ships they had at their disposal.

Black Lance weren't traitors either. They had direct orders from Mr. Tolwin. It wasn't until a War Tribunal anyone was officialy labeled a traitor to Confed (I doubt they actualy did, more like War Criminal), and in the end it was Tolwin... just my lackluster thoughts.

Mandarins

I always felt that the Mandarins were the best traitor group in the games. They were incredibly traitorous in their actions. Espionage, sabotage, and outright combat against Confed are just some of their exploits. Nothing compares to helping the Kilrathi destroy the Claw. Now IMHO the Black Lance are a formidable group but really can't be seen as traitorous until after Tolwyn is exposed. Before that they are simply illegal in my view. They seem to be Tolwyn's private force and thus much like the SA or SS in Nazi Germany. A person is only a traitor when their government decides they are like the SA in 1936

Ah yes, the Mandarins. I always harbored this pet theory. Remember the Gwenhyvar from SM1? The Exeter-class that the kilrathi had? Having palyed wc2 first, I naturally assumed it wasn't captured, but a turncoat Mandarin vessel.

Originally posted by t.c.cgi
Black Lance weren't traitors either. They had direct orders from Mr. Tolwin. It wasn't until a War Tribunal anyone was officialy labeled a traitor to Confed (I doubt they actualy did, more like War Criminal), and in the end it was Tolwin... just my lackluster thoughts.

Following obviously illegal orders makes you a traitor...

That's like saying that because the Secretary of Defense told you to sell military secrets to...oh...let's say the Chinese, that doesn't make you a traitor. Just because someone higher than you gave you directions, doesn't mean your not betraying your country. (That's why they have the option of not doing things based upon morality, after all.)

Originally posted by Skyfire
That's like saying that because the Secretary of Defense told you to sell military secrets to...oh...let's say the Chinese, that doesn't make you a traitor. Just because someone higher than you gave you directions, doesn't mean your not betraying your country. (That's why they have the option of not doing things based upon morality, after all.)

I'll remember that when the next big war comes around and I get drafted. I'll just say I think killing the enemy is immoral and as such will refuse to fight.

Where do you think that will get me? If i'm lucky i'll be one of the very few who gets exempted on moral grounds (which I wouldn't, because according the US Selective Service website you'd have to prove that you've lived your life as a pacificst in order to do that).

Or i'll just refuse to follow my orders because killing people is illegal pretty universally. Don't think that will get me very far either, besides one of 'dem nice military prisons.

I don't think "traitors" are always so clear cut as that, and I don't think a soldier is responisble for carrying out orders.

Perhaps you don't understand the logic I'm putting forth. Soldiers don't have to follow orders from individual commanders. Say your commander told you to burn down a village-I somehow doubt that's coming directly from the Pentagon. As such, you don't really have to burn that village! Go ahead-don't. What are they gonna do, put you on trial and then see that your NOT killing civilians?

Due to the fact that they give you quite a bit of training in following the "rules of war" (although that's a myth) and being safe for civilians, so I somehow doubt that your going to run into problems killing civilians.

As for killing military personel because you think it's immoral-well, that's too damn bad isn't it? That's what you do in the military, that's life. You think it's immoral? Guess you should have convinced them you REALLY thought it was immoral-after all, they have very specific guidelines, and if you can't explain your point according to those-you are either completely stupid, or not really as avid into your belief as you thought.

Oh yeah-and another thing, the soldier following orders not being "responsible", that's the most ignorant statement I've heard in quite a while. Just because your told to do something, doesn't mean you do. If you REALLY don't want to commit that act-then why are you so concerned about that military prison? After all, even if it is hell-your high on your moral ground. Your just trying to excuse people's actions and give them a cop-out, that's just allowing people a way to feel better for not standing up for their beliefs.

Back