Fantastic music update

Originally posted by Mad Hatter
These babies go down faster than an M&M...
Eh? The X-Wing is one of the hardiest fighters in the New Republic starfighter fleet. Heck, they're still using them 25 'years' after Episode IV, albeit upgraded and all.

Admittedly, they go down quite fast in the movies 'cause the Empire always seem to outnumber them with swarms of TIEs.

Um, guys? Think we're getting a bit off topic here...

Le Hah, I am REALLY interested in those MP3s you mentioned. However, I cannot get on Napster. Is there any way way you could upload them somewhere?

Mad Hatter, I think the climax MP3 Le Hah mentioned is not in your collection. I could be wrong (since I haven't heard his) but it sounds like it's the music from the cutscenes. (Oh, and by the way, great job with the Prophecy tracks. I can still hear a few clicks, but I couldn't do any better, so kudos.)

Perhaps you could let Le Hah upload his stuff into that directory?

LOAF, please please post the Oldziey stuff to blacklance.org! That would be SO cool.

Did anyone ever get the theme song from WCATV in an mp3? I always thought it was pretty good and i was just wondering.

Originally posted by Wedge009

Eh? The X-Wing is one of the hardiest fighters in the New Republic starfighter fleet. Heck, they're still using them 25 'years' after Episode IV, albeit upgraded and all.

Didn't they get replaced by the E-Wings from the Black Fleet Crisis onwards? Though admittedly, that bit of continuity is quite confusing. In some novels, the E-Wings are the top dogs, in others its still the X-wings.

Best, Raptor

[Edited by Raptor on 04-11-2001 at 03:03]

Originally posted by Zor Prime
Tie defender. But lets not let this turn into a versus thread....please......

Difinitely not. Start Wars is cool, Wing Commander is cool. Star Wars vs Wing Commander is...not cool. (Okay, I'm low on blood sugar and that's the wittiest thing I can think of right now.)

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Raptor
Didn't they get replaced by the E-Wings from the Black Fleet Crisis onwards?
I believe that was the intention, but I guess the popularity of the X-Wing among fighter jocks kept it on the front lines. They're heavily upgraded in NJO times, in any case.

Or perhaps the E-Wings are like the new F-22s, but the X-Wings are cheaper to run and maintain. I don't know...

WC4 MP3s

After manually fighting the guy on Napster for 3 weeks straight, I, for lack of a better term, raped his computer for the WC4 MP3s. I sat for 3 hrs straight, hitting FORCE TRANSFER on ever single one until each track was complete. This is NO simple task.

Here's my current track listing:

*Main Theme, Space Ambush & Combat --Opening Titles-- (4:16)
*Blair and Tolwyn Prepare for War (I'm pretty sure is the music when Tolwyn turns the Vesuvius around to attack the Intrepid, 1:09)
*The Borderworlds (1:46)
*Telemon - The Dead Planet (Definitely the music cue as Blair lands on Telemon, 1:15)
*Confronting Tolwyn, War Averted, Tolwyn's Death (5:01)

Two of these MP3s are going up on the CIC soon, with any luck...I might also grab an I-Drive spot and just upload 'em all for everyone...

-J

All of these tracks have already been uploaded, maybe under different names, but still...

LeHah, if you want to upload music somewhere, contact TC. He and I have an arrangemnt, that you could probably fit into perfectly too.

BTW, I have 2 other themes, one called "So, you think you`ve won", and another one called "Engage" or something like that. That makes 7 high quality themes from the "soundtrack".

[Edited by Mad Hatter on 04-12-2001 at 09:45]

Originally posted by Mad Hatter

BTW, I have 2 other themes, one called "So, you think you`ve won", and another one called "Engage" or something like that. That makes 7 high quality themes from the "soundtrack".

[Edited by Mad Hatter on 04-12-2001 at 09:45]

Hatter, send them my way! I need 'em! lehah@juno.com

-J

If you send them to loaf@mail.utexas.edu, I can put them up at blacklance.org with the other five.

Sorry, I can`t attach files larger than 1MB with my emails, but we could schedule a Napster download if you want. It has to be over the next couple days, though. Just email me and tell me when. (and state your time-zone)

Zor

Zor, just send em to LOAF so he can post em...makes things easier for us all...

and, for the record, im the one who found the damned WC4 music! lol ;)

-J

Back