Excals and T-bolts in WCPSO

And besides, what are the UBW gonna do? Pick a fight with someone immensly bigger than themselves? In the losing scene there is a massive fleet that goes to crush the BW. If they could fight against that, do you think it would be the losing end scene like it is.?

True, but threatening military force (even a covert strike) after already nearly going to war once would make Confed seem like a bully. That's something I think they would be eager to avoid after everything that happened in WC4.

Best, Raptor

Well despite what their appearance makes them, i think it would be more important to them to show that they wont be pushed around by a group of worlds that already succeeded from them. If they didnt stand firm and follow through with their words, it would make them appear even more weak.

Wha?...

Originally posted by Supdon3
Well despite what their appearance makes them, i think it would be more important to them to show that they wont be pushed around by a group of worlds that already succeeded from them. If they didnt stand firm and follow through with their words, it would make them appear even more weak.
se·cede
intr.v. se·ced·ed, se·ced·ing, se·cedes
  • To withdraw formally from membership in an organization, association, or alliance. (-Dictionary.com)
And as far as I know, the Border Worlds never was part of the Confederation, and therefore couldn't have seceded.

[Edited by Frosty on 07-08-2001 at 01:46]

Well i dont know about the rest of you but i feel just a wee bit smarter now.

Whether or not they signed the articles of the Confederation, the worlds that now make up the Union or Border Worlds were considered part of the Confederation, asking for protection against the Kilrathi and commencing in trade and commerce like any other Confederation World. It was not until the threat of the Kilrathi had passed did they stake out and officially declare themselves a soverign nation.

In any case, I don't think Confed would want a lot of publicity surrounding seizure of "property", because it's not a nice thing to do. :(

In any case, Dragons doesn't belong to either Confed or the BW. They belong(ed) to the Black Lance. And since the Black lance is no more, more or less, thet'd probably end up (A Destroyed (B Examined (C Put into storage. After all, uit's what they did with the Ark of the Covenant, right? :)

Well i dont know about the rest of you but i feel just a wee bit smarter now.
Smarter? Probably not. I doubt that made anyone anything more than just a wee bit more knowledgeable.

And the difference between "Considered part of Confed" and "Part of Confed" is kind of important in this case.

Your right, if i wasnt drunk right now i probably would have spelled seceded right.

As for whether they were a part of Confed or not, well they hadnt claimed their soverignty until after the war. Before the war they were a bunch of worlds settled by citizens of the Terran Confederation. By default, those worlds were a part of Confed.

Wow, if I were drunk I'd probably be out driving rental cars real fast or something fun. Not posting here :(

That wouldnt be to smart now would it?;)

Im just here before i slink off to bed. Had to see what you nutty people are up to. And apparently to learn the definition of a word i already knew. So i guess i didnt learn anything. Nerts.

[Edited by Supdon3 on 07-08-2001 at 04:42]

Weak? I think the weakness Confed exibited in WC4 was internal (in the collapse of its laws and freedoms) rather than external. After all, Confed reacted very strongly to the possibility of any threat posed by the Border Worlds, to the point of moving to war declaration against them, and carrying out military operations gainst them even before that went through.

After WC4, Confed would be already dealing with the fact that it let an internal neo-Nazi group take it to the brink of war against a peacefull neighbour, which wouldn't do much for its repuation amoung the smaller human nations. In that context, it would be much more important for Confed to show that what happened was an abberation rather than typical of the way Confed deals with smaller nations. Hence a kid-gloves approach would be a lot more productive than throwing its military strength around. That might well work in the short term, but it would give nations like the BW and the Landreich even more reason to fear and distrust Confed.

Best, Raptor

Not to mention elements within confed itself... it would be the Gettysburg all over again. Pilots everywhere would mutiny and turn against Confed itself. And there are lots of pilots to go against...

Back