Excals and T-bolts in WCPSO

I don't believe WCP has auto-tracking...though a suspicious number of my hits in an Excaliber in SO a high deflection shots...

What Banshee bomber?

Originally posted by Nep Parth
I don't believe WCP has auto-tracking...though a suspicious number of my hits in an Excaliber in SO a high deflection shots...

What Banshee bomber?

The Banshee from Armada.

I thought it was that nifty lightning-bolt dealy.

Well, who says a group can't have more than one symbol? :) The fact that the Dragon is associated in the public mind with the Black Lancer would have caused major PR problems in using it for Confleet, especially as Confed would have been eager to let everyone know that the Black Lance was a renegade splinter faction rather than being a regular part of Confed's forces.

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by AzraeL
The borderworlds might have had Dragons/Lances, but I doubt they have the parts to keep them operational.

Plus I think Confed might have wanted them back after WC4. Given the havoc they caused in the hands of the Black Lance, I don't Confed would be eager to let anyone else hold on to them.

Best, Raptor

Yeah but...

Originally posted by Raptor
Plus I think Confed might have wanted them back after WC4. Given the havoc they caused in the hands of the Black Lance, I don't Confed would be eager to let anyone else hold on to them.
I wouldn't want them back. They were real neato and all, but they look like ducks with squished faces to me.

Re: Yeah but...

Heh. I always thought it looked like a hunchback, what with those intakes on top and all. It's certainly nowhere near as pretty as an Excalibur. Still, regardless of looks, I think Confed would want to keep them out of the hands of a foreign government.

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Nep Parth

What Banshee bomber?

When were you in an Excalibur in SO?

Originally posted by Raptor
Originally posted by AzraeL
The borderworlds might have had Dragons/Lances, but I doubt they have the parts to keep them operational.

Best, Raptor

well relations between borderworlds and confed would not be all sweetness and light. borderworlds probably wouldn't have given them back.

and i bet that they could have kept atleast several working

In the light of good will (and the fact that in a fight against Confed they would get their asses handed to them) I'm sure the Border Worlds would give back the Lances. They are very expensive state of the art fighters after all.

I flew the Excaliber and the Thunderbolt in SO using the Ship Switcher in SOEdit. I also flew a converted Dragon, a Hellcat, an Arrow, and against a Black Lance Carrier, an Armada Carrier, a Ranger class light carrier...and the Kilrathi Dreadnought.

[Edited by Nep Parth on 07-07-2001 at 21:50]

Originally posted by Supdon3
In the light of good will (and the fact that in a fight against Confed they would get their asses handed to them) I'm sure the Border Worlds would give back the Lances. They are very expensive state of the art fighters after all.

like confed would go to war over a bunch of fighters that are not really thiers.

Originally posted by Supdon3
A single carrier and marine insertion team doesnt need a war first.

so Taggart is going to authorise an act of piracy against a government he just avoided having confed go to war against?

Its called an insertion team. They get in, get out and no one can say anything. The Border Worlds can complain about it, but they were holding property they didnt own.

Well, I don't think Confed would use force against the Border Worlds (it would be trying to rebuild its reputation as a force for peace and justice after the whole Black Lance mess, not shatter it further) but it could certainly insist on the return of the Dragons as part of the peace settlement at the end of WC4. They are, after all, Confed property.

Best, Raptor

Back