Epic spaces battles...

I think that they decided that the joke wore out and decide to stop. But in reality, it keeps getting funnier!

Besides these are supposed to be highly trained and effective security personel. It wouldnt make a lot of sense and really didnt fit in with many of the storylines of the show.

Old and simple visual effects, but for the late 1960's it shure brought in the viewers and the ratings! They still run even today (Sci-Fi Channel). Then the other series (STTNG), then Voyager, the movies, the conventions. Seems like those simple effects shure did kick off something big.

RFBurns

Originally posted by Supdon3
Well like you said, they had really poor special effects in those days :)

Has someone here ever heard of "Raumpatroullie - Die phantastischen Abenteuer des Raumschiffs Orion" (Space Patrol, the fantastic adventures of the spacecraft Orion)

That was a "great" German space series of the 60's. Unfortunately they only made 7 episodes, as it was really funny to watch (great music, actually). Budget was very low, so all of the Spacecrafts instruments were made of junk (shower heads, cooking plates)
The best thing was an overkill button (a weapon that was VERY effective, comparable to the gun that wiped Goddard out), which was a (Bügeleisen in German, dont know the English word... "strygejern" in Danish)

The story was not that sofisticated, the Humans were at war with an enemy called the "Frogs", the Human spacecraft seemed to be flying saucers, but it was very funny.

Originally posted by Supdon3
Overkill weapon? Sounds like the Lexx. Giant bug ship that makes planets go boom.
The good thing with the "Orion" overkill was, however, that it could also be used against enemy ships (or rather said many of them at the same time)... Practical!

Originally posted by Sonntag

Has someone here ever heard of "Raumpatroullie - Die phantastischen Abenteuer des Raumschiffs Orion" (Space Patrol, the fantastic adventures of the spacecraft Orion)

That was a "great" German space series of the 60's. Unfortunately they only made 7 episodes, as it was really funny to watch (great music, actually). Budget was very low, so all of the Spacecrafts instruments were made of junk (shower heads, cooking plates)
The best thing was an overkill button (a weapon that was VERY effective, comparable to the gun that wiped Goddard out), which was a (Bügeleisen in German, dont know the English word... "strygejern" in Danish)

The story was not that sofisticated, the Humans were at war with an enemy called the "Frogs", the Human spacecraft seemed to be flying saucers, but it was very funny.

Yeah, it was a great series. I only saw two episodes and I can't even remember both of them very good but I know that they were as much cult as ST is.
BTW, a "Bügeleisen" is an iron in English (youknow those things your mother/girlfriend uses to flatten the laundry <g>), or is it flat iron? It does not belong to my frequently used words, so I am not sure.

SONNTAG!!!!!
THIS IS FOR YOU (and maybe to some of you guys based in Germany...)

Do you know Die Olsen Bande?
Nothing to do with sci-fi, but BOY, that show made me laaaauuuuuugh when I lived in Germany!! :D:D

The biggest problem with ST:TNG, they didn't continue the miniskirt trend.

Goddamn, I loved those legs in the original series....

Originally posted by redwolf
The biggest problem with ST:TNG, they didn't continue the miniskirt trend.

Goddamn, I loved those legs in the original series....

I doubt TNG would have gotten off the ground if it had continued with mini-skirts. The producers were aiming capture the mass market, not just die-hard Trekkies, and that meant a product that wouldn't have gotten parents' groups and feminists in an uproar. Times have changed since the original series aired, and the show had to go along with it.

Best, Raptor

Ugly feminists....I don't want any part of unshaven armpits and braless women!

All for equality, but lets see the beauty that is a woman!

:)

Originally posted by mpanty
SONNTAG!!!!!
THIS IS FOR YOU (and maybe to some of you guys based in Germany...)

Do you know Die Olsen Bande?
Nothing to do with sci-fi, but BOY, that show made me laaaauuuuuugh when I lived in Germany!! :D:D

Yes I do, I have even seen it in Danish language as well as in German... "Mächtig Gewaltig, Egon!!! = Skide flot, Egon

I actually live there where most of it took place, in the middle of Jutland, that means in the middle of nowhere :-(.

LOL... yeah... I still have that episode where they try to hijack a train of Gold, on tape!!
The scene with the changing rails is hilarious!! :D

It's funny when they walk in line too, no one has the same pace!! The tall guy has always to change steps to keep up with Egon... :)

It's a Danish series BTW, right?

Interestingly enough, I remember that show. They aired it in Poland when I was there... er, a long time ago. Long, long time ago.

Back