Epic spaces battles...

Eleazar

Rear Admiral
I know that might be a little off-topic, but I guess you guys are the best to ask...

Do you know any good sf-movies including huge space battles like in Star Wars, Star Trek (only a few episodes + no.8) and Battlestar Galactica. We all hoped that we'd see at least some in the WC Movie...

I'm craving to see a good space battle...

Respectfully,
Eleazar

Starship Troopers!!!! OOOHHHH!! Good movie!! UM......There is more, I just can't remember them right now.

Yeah, Starship Troopers was great. Does the Last Starfighter count as an epic battle. It took on a lot of enemy ships. Death bloosom, thats what we need.

Do you like ROBOTECH? It's an anime show. http://www.robotech.com I looooooved it!!! It had lots of space battles. 5 million+ ships!!!! There was even one episode where the zentreadi (the bad guys) planetary bombard the earth, and kill nearly everybody!!! WHOOHOO!!! That was a good show!

Last Starfighter, which I thought of in light of the current theme in the Sky is falling thread. Might fall in that Epic category when you get to the end.

Battle Beyond the Stars. Guns of the Magnificent Seven set in space. Made in 1980, not too bad.

Independence Day. Not exactly space battle, but close.

Robotech at this moment is a bit tricky to find, but you'll see at the site Zor Prime gave, it is coming soon to DVD.

Or if you'll be able to go to Columbus, Ohio in few weeks, follow this link and scroll down. Epic battles, with nothing like plot or charcter development to get in the way

http://www.drexel.net/events.htm

[Edited by Shane on 03-23-2001 at 16:29]

Yea Starship Troopers had some good in space shots. I understand they used actual scale models for the space shots as in Star Wars and CG for the creatures. All combined to make a pretty cool movie. It didn't have anything in common with the book though.

Several episodes of Babylon 5 featured huge space-battles...

For animated stuff, Exosquad was great -- done by a lot of the people who later went on to do WCA.

I loved exosquad use to catch on my lunch hour. How about the Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicles. It was a completly CG series very cool.

For its time, Star Trek original episode "Balance of Terror" where good ol Kirk takes on the Romulans in their new cloaking ship. Who needs a cloak! Kirk won!

RFBurns

You mean the episode where you saw at the end the Romulan commander stand on its bridge, the ship is getting shot at and rocks (yes, rocks!) fall from the ceiling? Oh boy, old ST is so cool because of its crappy SFX.
BTW the good guy always wins against the cloaking device. In WC, in ST and Starlancer and so on... ;)

Babylon 5: In the Beginning The ultimate Space battle!!!!! Oh yea!!! Got two copies of it on tape along w/ every other b5 movie, and about two seasons on tape as well!

Me im just waiting rather impatiently for the Deep Space Nine episode "Sacrifice of Angels" to come out on video.

And that's why it is so much fun to watch the series (and of course the crewwomen in their ridiculous short mini-skirts). :)

Back