Enterprise Season 4 - This Will Be GOOD!

Here's an idea: ENT season 4 should pull out a time travel move that changes the future to match up with TOS, hence reconciling all continuity breaches and eventually leading to formation of the Temporal Investigations (cough..X-Files..cough) some such thing seen a little in DS9 so as to keep anything else like that from happening again.

I bet fans would just love that kind of cop-out!

Department of Temporal Investigations (DTI) I won't be suprised if thier next cockamainy story will be using a future star trek and Time Fleet like in Voyager.

I can't remember the name of the two off hand, but there is a couple who pretty much all they do is write the manuals and series manuals, and the timelines.

They will explain it, and it will make fans go out and by more series guides lol. I wonder if Enterprise is gonna make the 7 year run of its predecessors, it got past the 3 season hump of TOS. They are gonna make the show more violent and sinister, much like the later seasons of DS9, which is alright as long as the episodes are good.

Hope for the best I guess. There are gonna be a ton of new Sci-fi shows out there coming next year. You already have Stargate SG-1 still running strong, and Atlantis now. Andromeda has at least one more season in her, and FARSCAPE will most likely come back after the mini series. And of course the new Battlestar Galactica Series.

Man...how long is it gonna take for us to get a WC revival. After online RPGs...oh god I am contributing to the continued supression of a need for space dogfights against felines and strange buglike creatures.

To answer a previous question, the aliens who captured the Voyager in "Killing Game" were the amazing shrinking Hirogen, who were well over 7 feet tall the first time we saw them and then barely reaching 6 feet every additional time.

Sycorax said:
Here's an idea: ENT season 4 should pull out a time travel move that changes the future to match up with TOS, hence reconciling all continuity breaches and eventually leading to formation of the Temporal Investigations (cough..X-Files..cough) some such thing seen a little in DS9 so as to keep anything else like that from happening again.

I bet fans would just love that kind of cop-out!

When the termporal cold war story arc started a lot of trekkies started speculating that when Enterprise end it they would use the temporal cold war to either make Enterprise a different timeline, not exist at all, or fix it to fit with the other Star Treks.

But trekkies also said "it's not a part of canon because it's not named Star Trek" but when Paramount got wind of this Star Trek was tagged in front of Enterprise.

I don't even bother trying to figure out the continuity mistakes in Enterprise, to much trouble for what it's worth.

I'm familiar with the sci-fi channels office politics, and i highly doubt that Farscape will be coming back after the miniseries. honestly, I'm wondering if Scifi will actually go through with their plans to air the miniseries.
"But you promised us," you say. "They promised us the miniseries."
yeah, right.
They promised us a season five, too...and now we're watching a bunch of people screaming in terror. Yeah. really entertaining, Sly-li. Bonnie Hammer is the worst human ever.

Season one and Two really followed Gene's original idea to use Star Trek to discuss contemporary problems. I love season 3 for the mere fact, that characters on the enterprise were so well written. It's amazing that people say season 1 and 2 were so bad, they wern't really bad, a tad repetitive at some points, but overall well handled. Season 4 will be ok if they can move forward out of the Xindi situation within 4 or 5 shows and build a new main story. I'm not seeing that it's going to be drastically different, I hope it isn't. Destroying or creating something for the sake of raitings usually kills a show, rather than helping it.

I had an idea once that when the Enterprise-E went back in time in First Contact it splintered off an alternate timeline. In this timeline Picard had shown Lily around the ship and possibly she could have seen some schematics of the Akira class which she later told someone about or drew or something.

Eventually this design makes its way to the NX and probably the rest of the future proceeds totally different than we have been observing since TOS.

Just a speculation of convenience.

Nomad Terror said:
I had an idea once that when the Enterprise-E went back in time in First Contact it splintered off an alternate timeline. In this timeline Picard had shown Lily around the ship and possibly she could have seen some schematics of the Akira class which she later told someone about or drew or something.

Eventually this design makes its way to the NX and probably the rest of the future proceeds totally different than we have been observing since TOS.

Just a speculation of convenience.

The Borg episode in the second season "Regeneration" seems to kind of support that theory, since the wreckage there was supposed to be a piece of the sphere blown away by E-E.

Eh, this is one of those Step 3: Profit scenarios that 'this isn't Star Trek' jerks cling to. Yes, First Contact changed history... but no, it didn't "erase" the rest of Star Trek.

Simple proof: Voyager refers to the fact that the Borg were on Earth during First Contact (in Year of Hell - now available on DVD!)... and then subsequently makes numerous references to the events of TOS, Next Generation and Deep Space Nine. If the timeline was significantly altered, it was altered to become the Star Trek we know.

overmortal said:
What we need is a Star Trek reality show. That'll get the ratings. Stick a handful of complete strangers in a shuttle with no training and give them a mission to accomplish. The show ends when they burn up on re-entry.

Oh, and make one of them a secret traitor (the required "twist" to be revealed about half-to-3/4 way through the season)

NO!!!! Not that, any thing but that, this whole reality show fad needs to end, SOON! There are too many of these stupid Ones of frat girls who get really mad at each other either for something one said behind the others back and they wind up yelling and swearing at each other or get into a Slappy frenzy... I personally have had enough of that.

you thought so? The only thing I liked was the updated Transporter effect (particles moving out from the center) I absolute detest historic war and battle movies...I hope they don't spend an entire season in the past, because my attention span won't stand for that, I'll wind up watching "Veronica Mars" or something. (too bad VM is on Tuesday and Enterprise is on Friday, so I'll probably wind up watching both. But i won't like it mind you! I won't like it!)

I didn't see the Season finale until just a few weeks ago, but I said to myself, "Reman Space nazis? That sounds hilarious!" Too bad I was right- and now their basing an entire season around the concept? someone throw me out the airlock already...

I do realize, however, that this is only the first ep of the new season. Hopefully we'll be back in the 22nd(?) century in just a few eps...failing that, please let the Remans have brougth some Orion Slave girls with them.

Also, my small complaint about the episode, does the black chick getting beamed aboard remind anyone else of First Contact?!?!

"Welcome to the future, mrs black chick who helped save my life, I'm really not crazy"

you thought so? The only thing I liked was the updated Transporter effect (particles moving out from the center) I absolute detest historic war and battle movies...I hope they don't spend an entire season in the past, because my attention span won't stand for that, I'll wind up watching "Veronica Mars" or something. (too bad VM is on Tuesday and Enterprise is on Friday, so I'll probably wind up watching both. But i won't like it mind you! I won't like it!)

I didn't see the Season finale until just a few weeks ago, but I said to myself, "Reman Space nazis? That sounds hilarious!" Too bad I was right- and now their basing an entire season around the concept? someone throw me out the airlock already...

Just two episodes - they're wrapping up the temporal cold war thing next week and moving on to a bunch of TOS-inspired storylines.

But yeah, I thought it was really, really well done.

* There was a lot of more subtle humor, which is a big change from Enterprise's normal style. Things like Trip yelling at T'Pol about the situation and then explaining that it was "because after everything they'd been through he assumed they'd get home" -- which was kind of their apology to all the viewers who felt this way too. (There was a joke about the time slot change, too, with the food deliveries.)

* No cheap sex stuff this year. No decon gel, no Hoshi accidentally losing her shirt, no T'Pol's grandmother behind a sheet...

* The action was really fun and a lot darker than usual. The guy shooting the Nazi alien and the fact that Trip waited for Nazi soldiers to get in the shuttle pod before blowing it up. Can you see any other Star Trek crew travelling to the past and slaughtering humans there? The promo for next week looked like a lot of fun too - there was a shot of the Enterprise getting dive bombed by a Stuka. I mean, the Nazi alien concept is horribly stupid - but since they were locked into it, they're certainly going all out and doing the best possible job with it. The whole episode seemed huge and cinematic.

Can you believe I actually missed the episode!? My parent's house got flooded, and I was helping them clean things up. I didn't even think to set the timer on my VCR. Does anyone know where I can find a summary of the episode that I can read before next time (I don't want to come into the second episode lost).

Colonel Sanders said:
I absolute detest historic war and battle movies...I hope they don't spend an entire season in the past, because my attention span won't stand for that

Where I come from, that theres some fight'n words.

where i come from, we don't have fightin' words. we just hit eachother with baseball bats.

Anyway, that's good to hear, LOAF. Finally we can move on...I can put up with two episodes of Temporal stuff...but I don't think I could deal with a whole season.

I missed the subtle humor- that's what happens when you watch it at work on a TV that is on an internal antenea.

I just watched the first ep of season 4 last night. Not bad.

Well, maybe really bad (alien Nazis). But bad in one of those really good kind of ways. Whenever I see a Nazi get killed in movies or on television, there's always a good bit of glee... but also some small bit of guilt at rejoicing at the death of another human being. Not so with ultra-evil alien Nazis!!

So a thumbs up from me. I think that I like the direction they're going this season, having mini-arcs that last a couple three episodes. I'm looking forward to the arc with Brent Spiner, and the genetically enhanced supermen.

I think Manny Coto is doing a pretty good job so far.

Back