Enterprise Season 4 - This Will Be GOOD!

This is a good thing. I'm not a HUGE hater of Braga, but the new guy Manny Coto is an awesome writer. He was responsible for this cheesy scifi show on Showtime called Odyssey 5, the whole concept was cheap and trite... but it was actually worthwhile thanks to some quality writing on the part of Coto. Coto was also responsible for the better episodes in the 3rd season. Plus he actually loves Trek, and isn't burned out on it like Braga is.

Coto is good and all, but I guess I still don't know how the FUCK he's going to write himself a good episode to resolve that frickin' CRAZY season finale.

It's probably the most remarkable Star Trek cliffhanger since The Best of Both Worlds. I would highly recommend aquiring the episode somehow, and watch it without prior knowledge of what is going to happen. Even if you are a Trekker who doesn't know anything about the 3rd season, it's worth seeing. All you gotta know is that Archer and the Enterprise are having the Final Confrontation with the alien death star that's attacking Earth.

***** Okay... spoiler alert. SPOILER ALERT *********
The Enterprise blows up the Xindi weapon as it nears Earth. Yay, mission accomplished, except Archer blew up with the weapon!!1 So Enterprise is all like "okay, time to go back to Earth." But then they're all, "That's weird, we can't detect any subspace signals". So they fly a shuttlepod down to San Francisco to get to the bottom of the matter, and they're attacked by 3 P-51 Mustangs (US WW2 fighter). And then

Just out of idle curiosity... with this ever-so-evil Braga guy out of the picture, who are the Star Trek fans gonna blame if season four turns out to suck? :p

It's amazing how well the Star Trek fanbase knows someone who has absolutely no interaction with them on any level.

Star Trek fans always scapegoat someone on the staff. It's a big reason why I don't bother discussing the show any more - because theres always some fault and it's always put upon the same 3 people.

and then... (computer crashed, just barely enough time to hit submit button)... and THEN...

Captain Archer wakes up in a German military tent hospital. Three Nazi officers are looking at his 'strange uniform'. Then... one of them steps out of the shadows...

it's an alien Nazi!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111oneone

And that's the end of it. I can't decide if it's a stroke of brilliance, or that we're in store for one LAME season opener in the fall.

ps- No, I'm not kidding.

There's still Berman to blame...

As for the season finale - it might be a good episode, but it was a horrible season ender. They wrapped it all up, a whole season's worth of plot development, in one tidy 1 hour episode, then introduce something that feels so forced and artificial in its place.

I thought the pre-cliffhanger part of the episode were nice. I like Jeffery Combs' Andorian character coming back, and the final fight, and stuff. I mean, not much happened that one wouldn't have been able to guess the night before (they blew up the weapon at the last minute), but it was still okay. Maybe that's why the writing team decided they needed a crazy cliffhanger.

PeteyG said:
and then... (computer crashed, just barely enough time to hit submit button)... and THEN...

Captain Archer wakes up in a German military tent hospital. Three Nazi officers are looking at his 'strange uniform'. Then... one of them steps out of the shadows...

it's an alien Nazi!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111oneone

And that's the end of it. I can't decide if it's a stroke of brilliance, or that we're in store for one LAME season opener in the fall.

ps- No, I'm not kidding.
Godamn alien Nazis i am convinced in World War 2 online they exist

Maybe someone can create a BF1942 mod where the Starfleet Officers get to fight Alien Nazis. Because it's such a great concept.

I am throughly dissapointed in Enterprise. Voyager was even better then Enterprise. I am sorry the Pilot episdoe how to be one of the best episodes. All it is about now is Tupal's Breasts. :p

Nafé

Back