Enterprise Season 4 - This Will Be GOOD!

"Year of Hell" was a VERY good episode. But I think it pretty much summed up everything that was ever wrong with Voyager's writing: At the end, it was all a dream.

I didn't think Voyager was that bad until just a few minutes ago. While re-reading through this thread, I forgot how Voyager finally made it home. considering I watched every single episode of the last season, and going home was the biggest deal on that show EVER, yet I don't remember it- must've been a pretty unsatisfying ending. ARGH!

All and all, though- It was enjoyable, if not completely satisfying.

Isn't that the one where Janeway turns into a lizard and has sex with Tom Paris or something?

I never actually saw it, but heard some strange things about it.

Colonel Sanders said:
refresh my memory- is threshold the ep about breaking the Warp 10 barrier?

I have a copy of the Star Trek Voyager Technical Guide given to the writers of Voyager. Im not entirely sure where I got it from, but I have it none the less. There is a section that clearly states:

Under NO circumstances can Voyager or any other ship attain or exceed warp 10

Id have though that would be clear enough for anybody to understand, but obvoiusly not.

Voyager also has two warp cores, apparently....

I had read a book (actually this one was on Next Generation) and supposidly the reason no ship could hit warp 10, was because they would have to have infinite mass... or that what they said Einstien said... but when Einstien said that wasnt he talking about Faster than light travel... which wouldnt make any sense... since isnt warp 1 already considered FTL? :confused:

An object traveling at the speed of light would have infinite mass, but Star Trek gets around that because the warp engines are actually bending space around the ship, not pushing the ship through space. A ship traveling at warp 10 is supposed to occupy all points in the universe simultaneously, making it impossible, but Voyager gets around that because it was poorly written.

Colonel Sanders said:
Yep. Hyper-evolution plays hell with the hormones.

cute kids though. I wonder if Janeway carries pictures in her wallet?

Paris, that lucky (but undesserving) dog. I always figured it'd be Chacotay. :p

Benjamin said:
I have a copy of the Star Trek Voyager Technical Guide given to the writers of Voyager. Im not entirely sure where I got it from, but I have it none the less. There is a section that clearly states:

Id have though that would be clear enough for anybody to understand, but obvoiusly not.

Voyager also has two warp cores, apparently....

I think the secondary warp core was meant as a replacement back-up. But for whatever reasons, they (The writers and the producers) never used it and eventually, it was written off entirely.

Good point McGruff... when they did first break Warp 10 barrier... didnt something really weird happen... like they entered an alternate universe or something... or a time loop...

TigerNobleHeart said:
Paris, that lucky (but undesserving) dog. I always figured it'd be Chacotay. :p

I think the correct term for anyone boning Kate Mulgrew to be "tragic misfortune"

Actually, what happened is that they rescaled the warp scales. Turns out warp speeds are incompatible among different star trek series...

The scales are only incompatible between TOS and TNG. TNG+ is all compatible. Not entirely sure if the switch was made during or after the motion pictures I-VI.

Incidentally, Enterprise appears to use the TNG+ scale. Go figure. : )

PeteyG said:
The scales are only incompatible between TOS and TNG. TNG+ is all compatible. Not entirely sure if the switch was made during or after the motion pictures I-VI.

Incidentally, Enterprise appears to use the TNG+ scale. Go figure. : )

It's those little contridictions that makes Enterprise less enjoyable to watch, IMO. Little errors left and right and up and down and shoved right up the proverbial warp core.

Back