End Game Midway

Mav23

Swabbie
Banned
No, I don't need stats on the Midway, but I was wondering, it there a way I can somehow edit the Midway on the final mission of WCP so it is repaired? I really don't like the fact that it has no bridge. I hate that for some reason it can't repair itself from the cap-missle attack mission. Please help. Once I repair the Midway I will have the "perfect game" in my eyes anyway :)

As far as I know, the bridge was intact for me, though one of its engines was out:) You can just try to keep it from being destroyed till the end and you shouldnt have a problem

Though i remember the Cerebus' bridge being wrecked twenty different times and it was okay by the next mission;)

Depends the grade of the distruction from the player? How good he held the Alien ships away?
Because I believe (I didn't play some weeks now) I didn't have such a destruction...my engines were intact and the bridge (if it is there I mean) also...

In my experience, the Midway magically repairs itself between CD2 and CD3. From there on, any damage to vital components will carry on till the end. Somehow, I can't stop the bridge from being blown up - I think it's the defend the plasma gun mission.

Yes, there is a way -- just fly a 'Sim mission that has the Midway in it, and the real Midway's components will be repaired.

??? What does that make for a sense? The time or what? Now I know why my Midway was okay at the end...(I just began to fly the sim missions after I completed the whole game:D).

is there a way I can permanently fix it? I did that, but it only fixes the Midway for that game session, when I restart the game, it is damaged again.

howabout if I copy the midway file from one of the simulator missions and place it in my save game file, will that work?

That would seem to make sense.

Because playing a sim mission alters the campaign model, the simulator must force the undamaged model into memory. But apparently the campaign doesn't force its version in.

This would also explain why it's damaged again once you restart the game, since that area of memory is cleared when WCP closes.

So if you make both models the undamaged kind, it should work perfectly each time. :)

I think the ship files are .IFF type files, different than the .gsw save files. I dont think it would work, but before you change anything, backup those files!! :)

RFB

Is there anyone here who knows another way to get this to work? I don't like messing with game files, it always ends in trouble for me...

I can think of 2 ways right off the bat:

1. You can start over and not get your carrier's ass blown out from under you.
2. You can quit obsessing over it since it doesn't matter a whit.

It matters to me! I almost have the perfect game for myself. No wingmen dead (excepting Dallas and Hawk of course), 500 kills exactly (I planned it that way), and high scores on all the simulator missions (not as if there is any competition though). I just want/need a repaired Midway!

Yeah, of course unless you do it like I told you to in option 1, which is to play it over, it technically won't be a perfect game, since you'll have to edit files.

And then your other "perfections" might as well not have been legtitimately accomplished since you could very well just go on a little hack-spree and edit all your game files to be "perfect".

[Edited by Frosty on 05-03-2001 at 18:06]

Hey, I didn't cheat at all on my other perfections. I had to sit around doing absolutely nothing after one kill on the second to last mission.

Back