Dumb Question - Rachel and WCP

I capered for joy when France won the soccer World Cup because England didn't win :). I honestly couldn't care less either way, but it sure annoyed the hell out of all the Brits in my class ;).

Italy got screwed in penalties...AGAIN! :(

So bad! Not as bad as Australia losing to Iran in the world cup qualifiers. A dark day for us soccer lovers here...

Ah Redwolf - preach it brother ! It still brings a tear to my eye when I remember the rollercoaster ride from being ecstatically 2-0 up, to depressingly 2-2 in a matter of minutes. I still say we should have a holiday every year in remembrance and mourning.

OK, so it wasn't the end of the world, but it was a dark say for soccer fans here in Oz.

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt

BTW it is spelled "boche"

Mais tellement pas!! Tu sais pourquoi on utilise "Bosch" au départ? A cause de la marque allemande d'électroménagers!!

"Bosch
Die weltweit agierende Bosch-Gruppe bietet innovative Produkte aus den Bereichen Kraftfahrzeugausrüstung, Kommunikationstechnik, Hausgeräte, Thermotechnik ..."

blah, blah, blah... :)

And for the soccer national team, you should pick a side, it's too convenient to be equally happy when either team wins... :p

BTW, ITALY SHOULD HAVE WON EURO 2000!!

DAMN LUCKY FRENCH BASTA*DS, Wiltord and Trezeguet (who plays for Juve now, BTW...)

Originally posted by mpanty
BTW, ITALY SHOULD HAVE WON EURO 2000!!
He he, Italy used up it's luck in the semifinals against Holland, everyone knew they were the better team, yet somehow you managed to beat them with the free kicks.

I THINK SI MESOPOTAMEAN TEAM SI THE GOODEST FTOOBALL TEAM EV-ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY SI HAEV KICKERS AND GROWLIES?????! GOOD! GDOO!

LOL Bandit!!
You're quite the "soccer expert" I see... ;)

Oh, and Earthworm, it's called "Penalty shootouts", not "free kicks"...

And yes, while we Italians got out of luck, the French had their luck pot filled... cf that Wiltord goal at the 92' minute...

LOL!!!!!!!!

WilTTTTTord LOAF, not WilFFord.... :D

What's more, WilTTTTord resembles in no way to WilFFFord... WilTTTTord is black... (and probably doesn't know sh*t in captaining a spaceship... :))

[Edited by mpanty on 03-10-2001 at 16:58]

Oh, and Earthworm, it's called "Penalty shootouts", not "free kicks"...
I call how I see them. You kick the ball, and you practicly get a free goal.:)

And yes, while we Italians got out of luck, the French had their luck pot filled... cf that Wiltord goal at the 92' minute...
Eh, this wouldn't be the first time a team scored a goal in the last minute... you still had a chance to win it in the extra period.<G>

Originally posted by Earthworm
I call how I see them. You kick the ball, and you practicly get a free goal.

Ok fine...you're nitpicking on vocabulary... :)
But just so you know, "free kicks" are when the opposing team makes a foul on one of your players, outside the box, and you get a "dead ball", like a penalty in American football, where you can either try to score directly into the nets, or you can just pass the ball to one of your team mates just like in normal play...

The point being that a "free kick" is supposed to be a "free" opportunity to kick the ball, without an opponent trying to challenge you (because on a free kick, the opponents have to be 9m15 distant from the ball before it is kicked...)

(God, I can't believe I'm trying to explain Soccer rules to a WC fan... :))

(...)this wouldn't be the first time a team scored a goal in the last minute... you still had a chance to win it in the extra period.

Yeah, but as I said, the French' pot luck was full, and ours empty...

[Edited by mpanty on 03-10-2001 at 17:09]

(God, I can't believe I'm trying to explain Soccer rules to a WC fan... :))
You don't have to explain football rules to me... I know what penaly kicks are, I just don't like that name, just like I don't like "soccer".:) You use your damn feet, therefore it's football.<G>

Mmmhhh... so what are you? :)

Originally said by MANIAC in WCIV
Jeez!! It's the Cat(s)!!!!!

Is this true Earthworm? Are you a "furball" or a "furrrrless frrrrrrreak"??? ;)

[Edited by mpanty on 03-10-2001 at 21:12]

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt

BTW it is spelled "boche"

Mais tellement pas!! Tu sais pourquoi on utilise "Bosch" au départ? A cause de la marque allemande d'électroménagers!!

"Bosch
Die weltweit agierende Bosch-Gruppe bietet innovative Produkte aus den Bereichen Kraftfahrzeugausrüstung, Kommunikationstechnik, Hausgeräte, Thermotechnik ..."

And for the soccer national team, you should pick a side, it's too convenient to be equally happy when either team wins... :p

Oh pardon, I though you wanted to use "boche" meaning "Pickelhaube" which is THE nickname for Germans in France.
"Bosch" is written of course "Bosch" :)
And for choosing a side: I do not care enough for soccer to pick a team.

Back