Dumb Question - Rachel and WCP

Hey, in the novel Maniac is actually pictured as a responsible pilot in the end... he's even made Wing Commander of his own squadron...

A bit weird, if you askme, considered how he acts in WCP... :)

Maniac problem is that he forgets about his wingmans and let then die.
Also he does not look at the tatical picture, he is a pilot that uses all the torpedos in a cruiser and miss the carrier that is just ahead.

"Au contraire, mon frère"... in the novel even Blair thinks he's matured... and his leadership skills on that Weapon factory raid are also praised... :)

Well its not to hard to keep your wingmen alive and on target when theyre all battle hardened pros like in the Border Worlds :)

True, besides WC P still makes Maniac the same Maniac from WC I-III, besides the problem with some of the novels(wc 4 is a very good example) is that it will conflit with the game at some point (funny, wc 3 novel does not do that as much the wc 4, wc 4 is so diferent from the game in several examples that makes one wonder if the autor have read the script of the game before wrighting the novel), of couse many of the novels escape that trap by not having Blair or any of the games as the main story.(End run is a good example of that).

Originally posted by Twister
Originally posted by bw_dave
I still say that kissing choice in WC3 was horrible and
tacky. Who would be so insensitive as to make a choice
between two women, right in front of the rejected one!

Oi! That was me who said that. :)

And I still haven't seen the 'undressed' characters in SO1. Does that have anything to do with that bug that made autopilot so slow?

Bill Forstchen generally writes outlines of the game's final scripts, and then sends those to his co-author to flesh out into a novel.

There is no such thing as a bug that shows people naked in WC2. All there is is shoulders - and naked shoulders do not a naked person make.
Let me explain how this works... the artists, when they originally drew the faces, drew them with shoulders (or, in some cases, just the neck). On top of these, they then made versions with uniform, dress uniform, flight suit, et cetera, whatever may be required. Naturally, you don't see any of the so-called naked versions in the game. However, in SO1 there is a really, really weird bug that seems to assign Prince Thrakhath a face at random. It can be pretty much anyone - I've seen Blair seemingly talking to himself on one occasion :). Thus, it is possible (but not all that likely) to see a 'naked' version of one of the characters - in this case, I believe somebody mentioned Major Edmond.

C'est pas vrai!! ;)

(and I'm not French, I'm Italian... just lived in France for ten years... :))

Bien sûr que c'est vrai! ;)
Although I never lived in France.
And with that "too" I did not mean that I am a French like you (which you are obviously not) but that I am not only German but French too. :)

Mmmmmh... un Frenchie moitié allemand? Ou un Bosch moitié frenchie? ARGH, ça doit faire des dégâts!! LOL

What do you "feel" most? Français or Deutsch? :)
(sorry about the "Bosch"... couldn't think of any other French nickname for Germans... ;))

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
That autopilot is so slow in SO1 is a bug? I always thought my computer was too slow for the immense graphic :)!

I think it's a bug. I downloaded a patch for the SO1.exe a while back (a long while) and boring autopilots were a thing of the past. I had always wondered why WC2 and SO2 autopilots were so speedy.

Originally posted by mpanty
Mmmmmh... un Frenchie moitié allemand? Ou un Bosch moitié frenchie? ARGH, ça doit faire des dégâts!! LOL

What do you "feel" most? Français or Deutsch?
(sorry about the "Bosch"... couldn't think of any other French nickname for Germans... )

I do not prefer one half over the other, although I wish the Germans had more of the self-confidence of the French. And it has numerous advantages, e.g. I capered with joy when France won the soccer world cup and European cup whereas the Germans all made long faces. :)

BTW it is spelled "boche" :p
And sorry, I had to delete your simlies or I could not have posted mine.

Back