Does Quality matter to you?

Would you buy it?

• YES! I'd sell my first born child for it!! MUST GET EVERYTHING WC Related!!

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • YES! Those bastards are probably lying! WC rules!!

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • YES! but only after the price drops so I can see how good it is.

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • No. This is Evil. We want quality in sequels!

Votes: 7 21.2%

• Total voters

-<Stiletto>-

Spaceman
Lets think of a scenario... entirely hypothetical.

Origin actually releases a NEW WC, with or without Roberts... okay? Imagine what you would be doing...

...then you hear from reputable sources such as magazines or other people that it's lower quality and was worked on less than Secret Ops, not that Secret ops is bad or anything, I liked secret ops...

Would you still cough up the money (49.95) to buy it as soon as you could, even though it supposedly sucks?

Would you boycott it because of the low quality commercially-pushed garbage that it would be?

Someone's probably posted this before, but I don't care. Reply away about what you would do.

If it's WC, I'll buy it. But if everybody tells me it sucks, I won't buy it right away. If it sucks that badly, prices will go down quite rapidly. But I feel that if that should be the case, it would be a bad move by Origin/EA, 'caus releasing a crappy WC game now, would kill the series completely.

Even if it sucked, I'd buy it and play through it once, just to see what the plot was like, what happened with all the old characters, and etc. (Come to think of it, that's about the same I did with WCP and SO... and I don't think they suck, at least not too much)

--Eder

hmmm

Well, in theory, I would definitely buy it. Any game bearing the WC name deserves a chance at least, and critics can be quite wrong at times if you ask me. BUT....
I am a huge hypocrite, due to the fact that I haven't even bought WCP yet LOL, and am still waiting for the right time.... oh well, until then I'm stuck playing the crappy 3 mission demo.

I'd probably wait, and hear from some of my friends who are all into flight sims/WC and see what they thought. But I'd probably buy it anyways, as it IS a new WC game. (That's not to say, should it be REALLY REALLY bad, that I wouldn't regret the decision, but I'd at least give it a try.)

I'm still trying to figure out if I'll play Earth: Above and Beyond with only a mouse :(

Originally posted by Bob McDob
I'm still trying to figure out if I'll play Earth: Above and Beyond with only a mouse :(
It's "Earth and Beyond," guy.

goodeffort.jpg

Better luck next time, eh?

Alot of critics said wcIV was crap, so I'd definantly have to try it, friends copy, demo there's bound to be something, most WC games have had demos. I'd then see for myself if I thought it was fun.

fun - I go future shop as fast as I can to lay down the cash.
Not Fun- Out of all the Wing commander games I own multiple copies of some but not a single copy of prophecy, the reason is I simply didn't find it fun. Now WC privateer was fun, I had to pick up four copies of that one :) !

Originally posted by Dekkar
...Out of all the Wing commander games I own multiple copies of some but not a single copy of prophecy, the reason is I simply didn't find it fun. Now WC privateer was fun, I had to pick up four copies of that one :) !

So, dude, you gotta copy of WC: KS you can sell me?...:D

I would most definately buy it. If i didn't get it for free first. I get paid to play Games for my job. So I get lots of free stuff from all of the reps from all of the companies. But I would most likely buy it as soon as it came out. :D

Is there somebody trying to make some of us jealous? Well, it doesn't work on me! Not a little tiny bit, no Mister, absolutely not! Hah!
Making one's hobby to one's job, that would be a...a... nightmare for me, yes!
;)

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
Since I am sth of a collector (as many others here) I would buy a WC game even if it sucked. But only once.
Mmmhh... but then you would just keep it hidden, right? To avoid your friends making fun of you for having a crappy game... ;)

Then again I might probably do the same thing... see how fanatic we can get? Sometimes it's sad, we ignore quality just for the sake of "having it all"...

I hid my copy of "Frank Herbert's Dune" when a friend of mine came over the other day. God, what an awful game. Possibly the most awful in history.

Originally posted by mpanty

Mmmhh... but then you would just keep it hidden, right? To avoid your friends making fun of you for having a crappy game... ;)
My friends are so uncultivated, they can't tell a good WC game from a bad one, thus I wouldn't have problems in that way. :)

Then again I might probably do the same thing... see how fanatic we can get? Sometimes it's sad, we ignore quality just for the sake of "having it all"...
As long as we don't have any other problems, I am perfectly fine with that. :)

i realy don't care, as long there will be a new wc... hmz, and a bit of originality (do is spell it right???) doesn't hurt much

i realy don't care, as long there will be a new wc... hmz, and a bit of originality (do is spell it right???) doesn't hurt much

...but what if it sells really well? What if it starts a trend to push half-made pre-beta software onto market and have players act as unpaid beta testers so they can release WORKING patches in another half-year? Come on, that's happened WAY too many times when a company gets cocky. Look at many other things that have failed due to 'early release syndrome'

Battlecruiser 2000 (esp. pre-patched)
World War 2 Online (it still sucks.)
Daggerfall (nice at the time, but buggy as hell)
X-COM Interceptor (yeah, that was soooo good)

et cetera. Those are all I can think of off the top of my head.

Back