difficult situation

Preacher: Why did you have to drag Roger into this for? Now I have to go along with you. And there I was, having fun with this. :(

Ripper said:
Preacher: Why did you have to drag Roger into this for? Now I have to go along with you. And there I was, having fun with this. :(
Why; you from Texas, bo-ah?...

Anyway, sorry, man; just standin' up for what's right (as was Roger, 4 that matter...).

"2) Latex is flawed, and condoms fail up to 1/3 of the time or more "

where the fuck is the quote button.

anyway mabey american latex is, but out of all the sex ive had not 1 condom has broken, there are saftys that ppl should know about, never by a condom from teh supermarket, or a machine, always buy 1 from a pharmisist they reguarly restock and throw away products older then 2 weeks.

never keep a condom or a packet of them in a warm, humid spot, always a cool dry 1. and finaly make sure the condoms arnt broken and have3 a buble of air in them, which is common knowledge.

i know this because i worked in a pharmacy.

oh also i sence your mighty religiouse and i dont want to offend u, but religion should not play any part in sex, or love what so ever, god gave u free will for a reason, not to be led by his scripture

You'll have to ignore Preacher, he's kind of very stupid.

The quote button is the one that says 'quote' on it.

Lord_Nathrakh said:
"2) Latex is flawed, and condoms fail up to 1/3 of the time or more "

anyway mabey american latex is, but out of all the sex ive had not 1 condom has broken, there are saftys that ppl should know about...

...religion should not play any part in sex, or love what so ever, god gave u free will for a reason, not to be led by his scripture
First, I never said that condoms "break", I said they fail. And I'm sure there might be some readers that thank you for the tips, but I'm not one of them. You worked in a pharmacy; I write prescriptions that get filled in pharmacies: My field is surgery & emergency medicine, but there's enough exposure there to OB-GYN situations to become something of an authority in the field of what we're talking about here.

For one, there are microbes out there (viruses and bacteria) that are small enough to pass thru the micropores in the makeup of the condom, even if intact. Second, a "tear" in a condom needn't even be large enough to be visible to the naked eye to lead to "failure" of the condom.

Maybe you should get yerself checked, eh?...

As to the last part of your statement, I'm not offended, but illogic certainly makes me shake my head. To say "god gave u free will for a reason, not to be led by his scripture" makes no sense. If it wasn't there to "lead" us, why do you suppose He gave it to us?...

The reason He gave the scripture is so that we would know what is the "right" way to choose; conversely, He gave us free will so we could "choose" to obey his scripture (rather than be compelled to).

I agree that "religion" should not play a part in love or sex at all, but most definitely GOD should play a part. If (like you) a person chooses NOT to obey the scripturally "right" way, that's their choice. But God makes it quite clear that He wants and expects to be involved in such decisions (esp. in order for them to have the best possible outcome). Conversely, when we leave Him out of it, all kinds of havoc can & often do ensue: The fact that we so often DO leave him out of it is what's responsible for the rather sorry state of human sexuality & marriage now.

Please don´t talk to or touch anything/anybody...there are all kind of microbes (virus,bachteriae,prions,virions) everywhere.... :rolleyes:

well, axually, it's more like just:

"don't touch or talk to anyone with your Johnson because of all the nasty microbes"...

Let see, what you are talking is actually bullshit, if you really write those things, i don´t wana be a patient in your clinic, wherever you work.
If a condom is good enough to ''control'' the passage of the AIDS virus, it is good enough to ''control'' a bachteria or other microorganism bigger than a virus, and by all means anything except a prion or virion is bigger than a virus.
Also i don´t know what class of condom do you use (or used) or you tested...maybe some condom made of ''gut of coat'' or some condom used in the sXVIII
Of course surely you have some secret info than the rest of the scientist or the other mortals don´t posses.

actually thats both true and false, while u can catch contact desies like clamidia and herpies with just skin contacts the majority of STDs are only fluid or blood transfered

yeah and u can tell there clean definetly by looking at them.....not really. u need them tested life is a risk u need to take some just not stupid 1s

Ghost said:
...maybe some condom made of ''gut of coat'' or some condom used in the sXVIII

...Of course surely you have some secret info than the rest of the scientist or the other mortals don´t posses.

1) WTF??!...?...

2) No secrets here, just info that some of y'all apparently aren't informed enuff about, or are too ignorant, to know. I stand by what I said, esp. RE: condom tears small enuff to go unseen by the naked eye.

If I get the time later, I'll post up a link where you can read about such "safe sex" lies as these, as well as others.

In the end, mis amigos, the only safe sex is either NO sex, or else MUTUAL sexual faithfulness between two CLEAN partners. That's one reason why marriage is such a great option in these times we live in (yeah, I know that's no guarantee - cuz we're all still human - but it's the closest thing to a guarantee you can get down here in this fallen world).

I know that ain't what you wanna hear, but tough... Grow up and start smellin' the coffee...

Stop telling people not to have sex, crazy man. Any idiot that has sex with people they do not know deserves horrible diseases. It is, however, actually ok to have sex with people. If you'd acknowledge that fact you wouldn't come off quite as wacky.

If you use standard contraceptives the risk of pregnancy is so vastly reduced it needn't be mentioned. Don't have sex with people you don't trust and have had sex with scary men. It is a normal, human developmental thing to have a number of sexual partners during your life, but if you have sex with several different people a week you will die. I don't see this as complex.

Preacher said:
2) No secrets here, just info that some of y'all apparently aren't informed enuff about, or are too ignorant, to know. I stand by what I said, esp. RE: condom tears small enuff to go unseen by the naked eye.

Ahh...so now we talk about condom tears and not micropores??
Surely is some info given to you by your church´s priest or some Jehova´s Witness.
I preffer to read books like Brock´s Biology of the Microorganisms, by MAdigan,Martinko and Parker.

Preacher said:
If I get the time later, I'll post up a link where you can read about such "safe sex" lies as these, as well as others..

Surely not from a ''christian website''

Preacher said:
In the end, mis amigos, the only safe sex is either NO sex.

Good, i will build a Time machine to go to the past to talk with your parents.

Preacher said:
I know that ain't what you wanna hear, but tough... Grow up and start smellin' the coffee...

Eh...No, my fellow, ''pelotudo padawan'' i like to read your foolish bullshit.

ace said:
Stop telling people not to have sex, crazy man. Any idiot that has sex with people they do not know deserves horrible diseases. It is, however, actually ok to have sex with people. If you'd acknowledge that fact you wouldn't come off quite as wacky.

If you use standard contraceptives the risk of pregnancy is so vastly reduced it needn't be mentioned. Don't have sex with people you don't trust and have had sex with scary men. It is a normal, human developmental thing to have a number of sexual partners during your life, but if you have sex with several different people a week you will die. I don't see this as complex.
Read the post again; I never told folx to stop having sex, that indeed would be crazy. I said if you wanna have the maximum "safety" doing so, you need to follow more sensible guidelines than most folks are willing to endure. Sure it's OK in itself to have sex; I had plenty of safe and enjoyable sex with my wife for years, until she walked out.

However, surely even y'all here aren't insane enough to deny the fact that either no sex or completley monogamous sex between two clean partners are the only 100% effective ways to avoid STDs. As to pregnancy, well, the first of those is still a 100% solution; the second one is a bit more problematic. Still, though, if a pregnancy does take place in the context of the second option above, the situation is generally a lot more amenable to going ahead & having a baby than with meaningless recreational sex between non-committed partners.

As to you, Ghost, I have some software to test & stuff. I'll try & get back to your points later.

Actualmente, yo prefiero (?sp) cafe con leche (Cubano) y arroz con habichuelas, por favor...

Ghost said:
Ahh...so now we talk about condom tears and not micropores??
Surely is some info given to you by your church´s priest or some Jehova´s Witness.
I preffer to read books like Brock´s Biology of the Microorganisms, by MAdigan,Martinko and Parker.
You want micropores?... Here ya go:

"One reason condoms fail in preventing the transfer of AIDS is that latex condoms have tiny intrinsic holes called 'voids'. Sperm is larger than the holes, but the AIDS virus is 50 times smaller than these tiny holes which makes it easy for the virus to pass through"
-- Source: Dr. C. M. Roland, editor of Rubber Chemistry and Technology

And no, the info I am drawing from is from a variety of sources, not one of whom is a "priest" or other clergyperson. I may be a Christian, but as a PA, I am also a scientist. I have access to all kinds of medical information; I have a small library of medical texts, and get several medical journals each month in the mail. Much as I like to inject faith into discussions, it ain't even necessary here; the medical and statistical facts themselves will do quite nicely.

Surely not from a ''christian website''
Some is, and some ain't. Thing is, if it's from a Christian website, you'll likely automatically discount it (despite the fact that it is backed up by medical facts), whereas if its from a medical site of some kind, you'll prolly accept it as accurate, but it's harder to uncover some of the facts, because the medical field is in no rush to publicize some of these things (cuts down on the "business" of them OB-GYNs who perform abortions, for example).

Eh...No,... i like to read your foolish bullxxxx.
Hey, go ahead and call me any name you want; it don't make no never-mind to me.
In the end, you'll find out I'm right - though hopefully not at the cost of an unexpected pregnancy or getting some nasty STD (may take quite awhile, though...).

Anyway, here's some links & quotes for you to chew on after dinner:

www.jr2.ox.ac.uk/bandolier/band64/b64-4.html
http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/0644.html
http://www.catholic-family.org/Information/kelly.html (long paragraph in the middle of the page, esp.; as it discusses HIV risks)

In 1993 the University of Texas analyzed the results of 11 different studies that had tracked the effectiveness of condoms to prevent transmission of the AIDS virus. The average condom failure rate in the 11 studies for preventing transmission of the AIDS virus was 31%.

"You just can’t tell people it’s all right to do whatever you want as long as you wear a condom. It (AIDS) is just too dangerous a disease to say that."
-- Dr. Harold Jaffee, chief of epidemiology, National Centers for Disease Control

"Simply put, condoms fail. And condoms fail at a rate unacceptable for me as a physician to endorse them as a strategy to be promoted as meaningful AIDS protection."
-- Dr. Robert Renfield, chief of retro-viral research, Walter Reed Army Institute

"Relying on condoms for ‘protection’ can mean lifelong disease, suffering, and even death for you or for someone you love."
-- Dr. Andre Lafrance, Canadian physician and researcher

"Saying that the use of condoms is ‘safe sex’ is in fact playing Russian roulette. A lot of people will die in this dangerous game."
-- Dr. Teresa Crenshaw, member of the U.S. Presidential AIDS Commission and past president of the American Association of Sex Educators

Also, a quick look at a FAQ on the cdc website reveals that condoms "can" be up to 98% effective against HIV transmission (when used consistently and correctly - not exactly easy to do in the heat of passion) -- are you up for being one of the 2% that aren't covered by that statistic?..

CDC also notes that condoms may not be much help at all against HPV infection (since same can occur anywhere in/around the genital area).

Preacher said:
"One reason condoms fail in preventing the transfer of AIDS is that latex condoms have tiny intrinsic holes called 'voids'. Sperm is larger than the holes, but the AIDS virus is 50 times smaller than these tiny holes which makes it easy for the virus to pass through"
-- Source: Dr. C. M. Roland, editor of Rubber Chemistry and Technology

Well, i found this here, that could answer the above statement:
http://web.archive.org/web/19990508143839/http://www.straightdope.com/columns/940506.html

Preacher said:

in the point 2: i don´t think that a telephone survey is a serious way to get info, but...
Also you must know what percentage of the above was because a bad use of condoms.

Preacher said:

reasons 1,2 and 5 (and in some degree 3) are human faults in a bad use of the condom, so you can´t blame the method by itself
Althought reason 4 and 5 are feasible, statistically they are a very low number

Preacher said:
Also, a quick look at a FAQ on the cdc website reveals that condoms "can" be up to 98% effective against HIV transmission (when used consistently and correctly - not exactly easy to do in the heat of passion) -- are you up for being one of the 2% that aren't covered by that statistic?..

Statistically, a plane can crash on your house...would you go to live under a tree? (where you can be hited by a lightning)
Also when you go to a lab so a guy can extract blood from you from a sterilized syringe. will you have any problem with that, because you know that the percentage of the sterylized process isn´t 100.

Preacher said:
CDC also notes that condoms may not be much help at all against HPV infection (since same can occur anywhere in/around the genital area).

http://www.safersex.org/condoms/cdctb116.html
Well, i found this, i think that is from the CDC too.

Also from http://www.safersex.org/condoms/ss4.2.html

''Having sexual intercourse with only one uninfected (and faithful) partner is equally as effective as abstinence, but is effective only if it is practiced consistently by both partners in the relationship. (Having a series of monogamous relationships is not a safe prevention strategy.) ''

''Laboratory studies have demonstrated that latex condoms provide an essentially impermeable barrier to particles the size of STD pathogens''
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/pubs/facts/condoms.htm

But of course if you want 100% of safety margin, you will never have it, because like a lot of other safety-sterilization methods or other things never reaches 100%.

Ghost said:
-- reasons 1,2 and 5 (and in some degree 3) are human faults in a bad use of the condom, so you can´t blame the method by itself...Althought reason 4 and 5 are feasible, statistically they are a very low number

-- Statistically, a plane can crash on your house...would you go to live under a tree? (where you can be hited by a lightning)
Also when you go to a lab so a guy can extract blood from you from a sterilized syringe. will you have any problem with that, because you know that the percentage of the sterylized process isn´t 100.

-- ''Having sexual intercourse with only one uninfected (and faithful) partner is equally as effective as abstinence, but is effective only if it is practiced consistently by both partners in the relationship. (Having a series of monogamous relationships is not a safe prevention strategy.) ''

-- ''Laboratory studies have demonstrated that latex condoms provide an essentially impermeable barrier to particles the size of STD pathogens''

-- But of course if you want 100% of safety margin, you will never have it, because like a lot of other safety-sterilization methods or other things never reaches 100%.
1) Exactly. Human faults. As I said B4, trying to get condom usage correct EVERY time (and for the entire, um, "session" every time) is rather hard to do in the heat of passion (not to mention in its aftermath...).

2) Oh, so you're saying one should go from a greater degree of protection (house) to a lesser degree of protection (tree)?... That's absurd. Moreover, if a needle isn't sterilized "100%", I can live with the skin infection that may result. That ain't life or death.

3) The first part of that statement is so patently absurd, its ridiculous. Having sex with a condom (which is subject to human error in its usage and mechanical failure in its performance) cannot possibly be as effective as both partners being faithful and clean. With the first, a virus may exist and so the question is whether or not one of you will "catch" it from the other. With the second, there's nothing to "catch" in the first place.
Also, note the second part of that statement: "Serial monogamy is not a safe prevention strategy". Serial monogamy exists whether you go through girlfriends 4x a year or once every 2-3 years. Word up: If you're not staying faithful to the girl for life (and vice-versa, such as in marriage) you're practicing serial monogamy, bub.

4) A pox on lab studies; "How's it work in the real world?" is the question. Everyone knows that in vivo beats in vitro any day of the week...

5) 100% safety margin is very obtainable, as I keep saying: Either abstinence or faithful monogamy for life. Anything less and yer takin' yer life in yer hands (and hers).

Back