Did we capture bin Laden?

Did we capture bin Laden?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 22 100.0%

• Total voters
I'm not gonna have him killed in the most cruel way. I'm not even gonna have him killed. Denying him his magic carpet ride to Allah is the best punishment for him.

i say interrogate em (with drugs, cause, as someone pointed out, with physical torture, the guy's just saying what you want to hear) then shoot em tween the eyes and let god sort em out. he could give the fucker a better punishment than anyone on earth could

If the US gives up "due process of law", it might as well give up the rest of democracy, civilization, economy and way of life.

It's amazing how if a thread goes on long enough people with double back on what they were preaching when it all started. I'll just be happy when he's dead. Headshot, electrocution, lethal injection, or uber-long torture. I just would feel comfortable knowing someone like that isn't plotting and scheming in a cave somewhere.

Better yet, surgically implant a bomb in him while he's in a drugged sleep (so he doesn't know), and next time he has a "terrorist meeting" or whatever it would be called, you could smite them all in one mighty, earth shaking blast.

Double back? I don't particularly like talking about torture, but your comment sparked my curiosity. What do you mean by double back, out of interest?

You were the one advocating torture, and now you're not. You actualy stated earlier that you'd double backed.

I did? I guess what I'm trying to say is that I wish we wouldn't have to resort to out and out torture (not counting something like drugs and such), but if it was the only way to stop a terrorist strike and save people's lives, then I'd say to do it. Or you meant me saying feed Binladen to the sharks? Look, I was only messing around there. It'd be cruelty to the sharks to do that. I would advocate torture the likes of cutting a terrorist to ribbons if it meant it was the only way to get information to stop a terrorist strike or some other act that will claim innocent lives. And that is the only circumstance that I would say that we should use something like torture.

Originally posted by redwolf
Remember, civilisation is only a thin veneer. Scratch away at the surface and we are nothing but animals (my apologies to animals, humans truly are the scum of the Earth and animals much higher than us, the way we are going).
Oh, for crying out loud. Of course we're better than other animals. We're the only species on Earth capable of real thought, art, and ethical considerations. Well, except for the white mice, of course. They're the ones really in charge of the planet, after all.

At any rate, it makes no sense to argue in the same paragraph that a) we're worse than animals and that b) we should show how civilised we are. make up your mind.

Originally posted by Quarto
Oh, for crying out loud. Of course we're better than other animals. We're the only species on Earth capable of real thought, art, and ethical considerations.

For some people, we aren't. Some people just hate mankind.

Think about the environmental destruction we cause. Is this truly what civilised, rational beings do? Destroy the very items we need to survive?

That's what a virus does my friend. We may be intelligent, but we're killing our species' survival through our actions (plus all the other species).

Here's a great example Delance. What are we going to do after the Brazlian government has allowed the last parts of the Amazon to be chopped down? There wont be any trees to convert carbon dioxide into oxygen. Last time I checked, a person cannot live for more than three minutes without oxygen.

An example for you and myself Quarto. In West Australia, salinity is wiping out huge tracts of farmland due to unsustainable farming practices. We're now feeling the effects in having to pay to fix it up, if that's at all possible.

Now tell me how civilised the human race is on average. There may be a few individuals who don't let greed prevail, but on average, we are little more than a virus!

Think about the environmental destruction we cause. Is this truly what civilised, rational beings do? Destroy the very items we need to survive?
That's an extremely one-sided view. Animals are extremely destructive too... and don't tell me how the animals always stay in balance with their environment, because they don't. That's why the Australian government finds it necessary to cull kangaroos and koalas every once in a while - they may be protected species, but they're quite capable of eating themselves to extinction. At least humans are able to address such issues. I don't see rabbits setting up national parks.

An example for you and myself Quarto. In West Australia, salinity is wiping out huge tracts of farmland due to unsustainable farming practices. We're now feeling the effects in having to pay to fix it up, if that's at all possible.
That's the crux of the issue right there, though - we are trying to fix it up. Humans make lots and lots of mistakes, but unlike animals they are capable of fixing the mistakes when they notice them.

That's what a virus does my friend...... There may be a few individuals who don't let greed prevail, but on average, we are little more than a virus!

shades of The Matrix there?
in some respects quite true, but people are doing things to counter the destructive process, I can only quote architecture examples at the moment, but look at
Ken Yeang (environmental sky scrapers, little to no energy usage)
Alvar Aalto (Zero energy housing)
Frank Lloyd wright (Garden City)
Michael Hopkins (Nottingham Inland revenue buildings)
Short & Ford (De Montford Engineering building; totally passive)
the list is endless

Even more radical, Pablo Soleri,
Visions that the deserts in South Africa and Australia would be covered with a vast PV arrays generating electricity that is exported to the world. (the rest of his stuff is quite mental)

Cripes, I've never heard more extremist bullshit in a single post! Yes, thats right, extremist. You don't have to be a part of a religious cult to be one...

The end result of such thinking is the genocide of the entire human race. Thats even worse than the problems you cite. Tell me, did you come to these conclusions on your own, or did you spend hours being brainwashed by some "professor" or "scientist"? The reason I ask, is because I've actualy heard that speal before. Many times.

Got some faster typers than me... this is in reply to redwolf.

Here's a great example Delance. What are we going to do after the Brazlian government has allowed the last parts of the Amazon to be chopped down? There wont be any trees to convert carbon dioxide into oxygen. Last time I checked, a person cannot live for more than three minutes without oxygen.

WTF? They really did brainswash you, didn't them?

That's what a virus does my friend. We may be intelligent, but we're killing our species' survival through our actions (plus all the other species).

Now tell me how civilised the human race is on average. There may be a few individuals who don't let greed prevail, but on average, we are little more than a virus!

you know, if you just add something about a modified ebola virus being introduced at the olympics to destroy the human race, your post would be right out of Rainbow 6

The plot of every second Captain Planet episode aside, the vast majority (to the tune of 80% or more) of the worlds CO2 conversion is done by sea plants. We can cut down all the rainforests we want, as long as we're willing to accept a lemur-deficit.

Back