Votes: 11 33.3%
  • I don't Know

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • What's a Diablo Type RPG???

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Wedge009
"Would you like to play a Wing Commander based RPG using the Diablo engine?"

My answer is still: If it's well-made: why not? If it's the next official Origin/EA release of WC: Certainly. :)

Diablo II is great! And Wing Commander is great, too! So how could a WC RPG based on Diablo be bad? :)

Therefore, a clear "YES" from me!

Hey....

Diablo 2 rather sucks for an RPG game.

It's sure great for a fantasy action game... reminds me a lot of Crusader...

but it lacks interaction with both the characters and the worlds.

You can't manipulate an item or a background object, and you sure can't talk to every NPC over there.

Because I'm not a huge fan of RPGs
Me neither, especially not of the Diablo-type (it always appeared to me as simple point-and-click). But if this WC Diablo would be appeal to me, I'd play it.

Yeech, I certainly hope not.

I'd prefer a classic space sim too. Nevertheless if it was the next official WC release I'd play it and I am pretty sure, so would you. ;)

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
Nevertheless if it was the next official WC release I'd play it and I am pretty sure, so would you. ;)
I would hope that if Origin was given the go ahead to make another WC, it'd be continuation of Prophecy, not another spinoff which is unlikely to sell well.

That's exactly what I want too, a conlusion to that bug story. But Origin (or whoever) doesn't always respect what I want, thus I am happy with any new WC product, even if it's stupid and thus can provide ample opportunity to complain and discuss. :)

well It can be more like Baldurs Gate, i can be more interactive, I said Diablo based just to gva a reference of how the game will look, but it doesnt meai it will be 100% like diablo, i will have a lot of WC studd, Even you will flight ships. well I'm plaing 3 character know,

1- A Marine
2- Kilrathi (something like Hobbes)
3- Tobor (everyone's favorite) :D

Fan projects should be like actual computers games -- you should have proof of concept *before* any creative issues are dealt with (and before a title is announced).

that's Why Im asking, i'm on planing time, I need to plan a lot before starting this stuff, i can be a RPG, or a Strategyc game, I just want to make a new ipe of WC game, somthing that ppl will play, and something the non WC fans play and start wondering that WC is, and get the WC univerce, I will need a team too, but I{m in planing now, I will take some time befor I start Codeding.

You know LOAF i will need a lot of your help, I need information of all kind, to make this game real close to the WC univerce.

And I need Info of TOBOR too.

Hmm....

Funny...

making a cool RPG which can attract WC and non-WC alike.

Well.. first, I'd ditch the Diablo 2 engine, since it's too action oriented.

You might want to make something like Ultima or System Shock (oops... SysShock never _existed_)

And the story...
if it's going to be a WC RPG game, I really doubt if there's going to be any simulation in it, and know that the simulation/action is the what make WC cool, if not... great.

Who will the characters be?

I have another idea... which might sounds good.

Make a HL conversion of a single Terran Confederation carrier...
such as Tiger's Claw or Tiger Claw, or the Concordia or the Victory.
Imagine what it would be like, walking inside a virtual Confed carrier, just like the way Trekkies feel walking inside a virtual Enterprise or Voyager.

:cool:

I agree with The Fraix... we need more details...
And do remember that a game needs a story... what will it be ? A mercenary looking for gold ? A pilot down on a planet ?
A privateer RPG would be more realistic...

A Privateer oriented RPG sounds more likely.

IIRC, someone was working on a FPS mod set inside the Victory, but later gave up.

Back