• No

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • I don't Know

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • What's a Diablo Type RPG???

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
A WC RPG a la Diablo ???
How it can be ?, i dont know, not to much type of wepaon or instead a human you use a ship ?

I voted "No" but I misread the question, I thought it was "Would you want a Diablostyle WC-RPG?" which I don't want since it's absolutely not WC IMO.
Though if such a game was out I'd surely buy and play it, 'cause I'd play any new WC game.

Would you make sweet love to Tobor the Robot if you named it Mira Sorvino?

It's times like this I hope a new WC never comes out, just to spite all the people who think it would be better in some other form than it was meant to be.

WC Diablo would be an interesting mod, but not a good corporate game.
BTW, I used to think Frosty here was a jerk, then I came to this realization: he is, but it's mainly due to his being a WC purist. Problem with purisim is that you can't go forward if you only look back.

Frosty isn't a purist. A purist would want the games to be done with animation instead of live actors. Frosty, however, speaks from experience.

Originally posted by Frosty

(...)

I don't recognize any of those names but I think it's safe to assume that the correct answer should be "No!". :)

My point is: I don't want the next WC game to be a RPG but if the next official WC game was to be a RPG, I wouldn't complain but play it and then maybe complain.

Originally posted by Frosty

"To circle, to pick up the support module, to circle, to circle and return. He's Tobor, robot spelled backwards! Tobor the telesonic robot from Shopper!"

Sounds like Frosty watched the "Star Wars Christmas Special" if he refered to that commercial. In my madness of several years ago, I attempted (and failed) at making a techno remix of that commercial. I especially love the "Exorcist - Tubular Bells" music used. :)

http://pythonet.org/bielawa/tobor/

Well I was thing to make of human for this mod, well like marines, but doing it with ships sound interesting, but I need to know if i'm going to have your support not a story abot an a ungly black robot call tobor,

TOBOR'S DAY

(Another spectacular Tobor Adventure)

Tobor was a very happy robot -- he had the day off from the gear factory. Tobor enjoyed making gears for Jim MacGearson's Gear Company, and he was very good at it... but he also liked time off, to do fun robot things. The first thing he decided to do was go to the zoo, for he enjoyed the zoo a lot -- especially the seals. Modern science has never been able to (and probably never will) explain why robots like seals so much. But they do. A lot.

Tobor happily walked to the zoo. He could not take the trolly, because he was a robot. Robots do not belong on trollys, said popular opinion. This did not much bother robots, as they had things organic people could not -- like super-phase-blastertrons. On the way to the zoo, Tobor ran into a pretty girl.

"*bzzt* HELLO *bzzt*", Tobor said, and tipped his top hat.

"Get away from me!", the woman yelled, "You are an ungly black robot."

"*bzzzt* I am gray *bzzzt*", a disenheartened Tobor replied.

THE END

That story is incredibly amusing while lissening to Tubular Bells.

Originally posted by LeHah
That story is incredibly amusing while lissening to Tubular Bells.

shutyourmeowth.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
well Tobor is still a stupid gray robot.

"*bzzt* HELLO *bzzt*", Tobor said

"WTF is this" Said a Kilrathi warior

"*bzzt* HELLO *bzzt*", Tobor said again

then the angry Kilrathi Warrior Kick Tobor Butt (if it had any)

THE END

:D

anyway what does Tobot got to do with a WC RPG game, anyway sine I cant get WC community support maybe the diablo comunity will anyway Tobot will be a hidden charater, first I hate that little guy,but now i think is funny, you know I thouh we where a Open mind comuunity but Know I know we are no... depressing

Despite getting his ass kicked, Tobor picked up the support module, circled and returned. THE END.

Maybe the question should be rephrased:

'Would you like to play an diablo-engined RPG based on the Wing Commander universe?'

Back