Destroying the Vesuvius's turrets in WCIV

Delance said:
Did the people who made the movie cutscence even know/care about the 6 d/s turn rate at all?

Other way around... The Vesuvius didn't have rotation values in WC4. The 6\6\6 values were given to it in Secret Ops because of that cutscene.

Dont try to find small details in the cutscenes....else you will find hundred "mistakes" there.Cutscenes are there to amuse us during the game and reveal some plot.Thats it.

Delance said:
Did the people who made the movie cutscence even know/care about the 6 d/s turn rate at all?

At any event, you can't be sure about the time because it might be cut or extended for dramatic purposes, as you said yourself.
Are you saying that we should completely disregard the accuracy of anything we see in a Wing Commander game cutscene? I'm absolutely shocked! This could completely disrupt the very foundation of Wing Commander fandom.

On a more serious note, I did consider exactly the point that you raised, but decided that if we couldn't trust the accuracy of the cutscene footage, then we really wouldn't be able to say anything with any definitiveness at all. Considering these are games made by fallible human beings, that's probably the more realistic approach to take, but we're talking about Wing Commander fans here. I mean, some of us are willing to overlook and/or explain away all the discrepencies between the Wing Commander movie and the games in order to merge them into one canon whole. :) (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Back