Covert Spy Network in Kilrah

Originally posted by Wedge009
In what way do the covert ops fighters in Armada 'suck'? Aside from the heaviest fighter on each side (the bombers), they were incredibly fast. (You don't see an Arrow with top speed specs of 795kps everyday, do you?)

I thought the Arrow was the only worthwhile ship on the Lexington. The rest were just ugly. They needed Hellcat Vs....

Visual appeal has nothing to do with a fighter's performance (the Avenger is one example to support that).

And I doubt Covert Ops would waste time trying to modify such an old fighter when there are better ones which (presumably) were easier to upgrade.

Just had a thought... couldn't metal detectors or some other form of scanning have detected the bomb, even if it was implanted?

Probably, but the Confederation likely did not expect that the AMBASSADOR, of all people, would have an implanted bomb, so they did not bother to check him for one. Suicide bombers are ordinarily low-ranking, expendable personnel (such as one of the Ambassador's aides). The Ambassador was too much of a VIP for the Confederation to suspect him of attempting a suicide attack--they would have believed that the Kilrathi government considered him too valuable politically to send on a suicide mission.

I'm fairly sure that if they were to scan the Kilrathi, they'd scan all of them - why make exceptions?

Too, they should know the Kilrathi psyche tends not to value individual lives, I should think an 'ambassador' would mean quite little to them. I would have thought they valued warriors over politicians.

Just had a thought... couldn't metal detectors or some other form of scanning have detected the bomb, even if it was implanted?

He probably said it was his Kilrathi pacemaker. ;)

It can't be that hard for people in the 27th century to build a bomb that is rather difficult to detect. You'll quickly require a stupid amount of detection gear that, really, just wouldn't be practical.

You simply don't subject diplomats to that sort of treatment. It's very bad diplomatic manners. In this case, it would also be very stupid - there is no proof of the Kilrathi planning an attack, so as far as the government is concerned, anything that could lead to a collapse of the agreement is a bad thing.
Plus, if someone like the Unabomber could use present-day explosives in combination with wood to make bombs that could go by undetected, it's a safe assumption that in 2668 there are ways to do so with anti-matter explosives.

About LeHah's thing about Kilrathi running about the planet... LeHah is right while at the same time wrong :). There was plans for a cultural exchange, with around a hundred Kilrathi singers and performers coming to Earth, and it's safe to assume they would have all been spies. However, as I understand it, the war resumed before they could arrive.

Originally posted by Quarto
Plus, if someone like the Unabomber could use present-day explosives in combination with wood to make bombs that could go by undetected, it's a safe assumption that in 2668 there are ways to do so with anti-matter explosives.
Well, I'm not a bomber, so I don't know about these things. ;)

Still Confed should have been a little more cautious about the diplomats. The Kilrathi are know for their schemeing and skull-duggery so it might have been more advantagous had Confed been a bit more, pardon the expression, paranoid. Plus there are descreet ways of scanning the diplomats for anything out of the ordinary. It doesn't have to be an obvious device. It could just be a detection device built into a door jamb or something like that. The Kilrathi diplomats aren't going to know about that.

Yeah, but a lot of politicians from Terra wanted peace so they didn't want to go looking for trouble...

Originally posted by Col.Dom

I thought the Arrow was the only worthwhile ship on the Lexington. The rest were just ugly. They needed Hellcat Vs....

I agree wholeheartedly!

Why would you want a Hellcat when I could take down an entire Kilrathi fighter wing in a Banshee?

Originally posted by LeHah
Why would you want a Hellcat when I could take down an entire Kilrathi fighter wing in a Banshee?

Because the Confed Banshee is a remnant of SWC... *shivers* :(

Originally posted by TC
Pfft, you and your SWC bashing :(

SWC was, IMHO, a competely flawed and just wrong attempt to ake an already perfect game "better." What were they thinking!?

You actually liked SWC, TC?? :(

Everybody liked SWC. It's Wing Commander with better graphics. Having a problem with that is like having a problem with... water... or something.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Everybody liked SWC.

What!? How can that be!?

I still believe that WC1 Sega CD blows SWC away :cool:

Perhaps SWC could've been cool... if it wasn't Wing Commander. Maybe if they renamed it something closer to what it is? You know, like Communists in Space or maybe even Armstrong's Space Adventure! or something like that....

:p

Back