Covert Spy Network in Kilrah

BlueClaw

Spaceman
In Wing Commander III, how would've Covert Ops been able to construct two secret asteroid bases within the Kilrah System without attracting notice? Wouldn't the Kilrah System have been thick with Kilrathi patrols to prevent such a construction?

First you have to remember they are called "covert" for a reason. They probably know who to sneak people on to Kilrah without notice, much in the same way today's nations spy on each other. Plus there are probably Kilrathi, i. e. those who hate the enporer, who would be willing to nto only conceal, but build and opperate as well.

Was there ever any method they mentioned regarding the construction of those two asteroid bases without Kilrathi notice in one of the books perhaps, like in the Wing Commander III novel?

Were the Kilrathi able to do something similar near Terra? Or are they less concerned with subtlety than with a demonstration of massive force and destruction?

You might be refering to the Terran-Kilrathi Peace Club or whatever dumb idea it was.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
They had a captured government official.

They did :confused:

Originally posted by Soma
ALso, wasn't thier embassy on Terra (during Fleet Action) a cover for spy activities?

There was a Kilrathi embassy on Earth :confused:

I have another question dealing with covert operations. What was the carrier that Angel and co. flew off of during their operation deep within Kilrathi territory?

Originally posted by Col.Dom

I have another question dealing with covert operations. What was the carrier that Angel and co. flew off of during their operation deep within Kilrathi territory?

The WC Lore says that the carrier was the TCS Lexington from WC Armada

Originally posted by Ghost

The WC Lore says that the carrier was the TCS Lexington from WC Armada

Ahhh. That's what I was thinking but wasn't too sure.

Wow, no wonder why Angle & co. got captured. They were flying such suck ships (save the Arrows).

Angel wasn't a pilot -- she was head of a covert ops team onboard a captured Kilrathi transport (presumably because she trained on a captured Dorkir at the Academy).

It's heavily implied that the carrier that sent her team into Kilrathi space was the Lexington from Armada, though...

Angel wasn't a pilot -- she was head of a covert ops team onboard a captured Kilrathi transport (presumably because she trained on a captured Dorkir at the Academy).

It's heavily implied that the carrier that sent her team into Kilrathi space was the Lexington from Armada, though...

Wow. Angel didn't fly? She's wearing a space suit in the intro to WC3. Did the Kilrathi destroy the captured transport and she got caught in an escape pod or something?

Also, why would they train cadets on a Kilrathi ship??

She was head of the team... there's probably a million reasons why she was wearing a flight suit (the transport was captured by the Kilrathi in orbit of Kilrah). (Oddity: don't you just love how people in Covert Ops have 'Covert Ops' t-shirts? Oooh, way secret, guys.)

Angel had special training on a captured Dorkir... which is also why she was sent in with the Marines to the Kilrathi comm-con in the movie (which you didn't really see in the final cut of the movie).

Other stuff in this thread...

- Foreign Minister Jamison was a Kilrathi spy on President Rodham's staff from just after the Third Enigma campaign until the end of the armistice.

- LeHah is thinking of the "Kilrathi-Human Friendship Committee", which wasn't really a covert organization... just a bunch of idiot liberal humans. <G>

- Following the signing of the Armistice in 2668 embassies were established on Earth and on Kilrah... when the Kilrathi fleet moved against Earth, the human embassy staff was killed. Ambassador Vak'ga of the Kilrathi had a bomb planted in his chest, which was used to kill most of the JCS just before the war restarted.

Wow. That is some crazy stuff!

(Oddity: don't you just love how people in Covert Ops have 'Covert Ops' t-shirts? Oooh, way secret, guys.)

HAHA! Good one :D

Kinda' like those "Undercover Cop," t-shirts.... :p

- LeHah is thinking of the "Kilrathi-Human Friendship Committee", which wasn't really a covert organization... just a bunch of idiot liberal humans. <G>

That's what I was thinking of alright, but I could've sworn that there was a passing commentary by a character who said that there was dozens of Kilrathi roaming around Earth who could disrupt the military and government.

Originally posted by LeHah

That's what I was thinking of alright, but I could've sworn that there was a passing commentary by a character who said that there was dozens of Kilrathi roaming around Earth who could disrupt the military and government.

No, I don't recall this. In Fleet Action, we only hear about Jamison, though in WC3 the novel there is the comment that personality overlay technology may have resulted in quite a few Kilrathi slaves doing things for the Kilrathi in human space.

Originally posted by LeHah

Yeah, I thought that was a reference to the Kilrathi embassy

Originally posted by Col.Dom
They were flying such suck[y] ships.
In what way do the covert ops fighters in Armada 'suck'? Aside from the heaviest fighter on each side (the bombers), they were incredibly fast. (You don't see an Arrow with top speed specs of 795kps everyday, do you?)

Heavily implied? I don't recall any reference indicating that Angel and co flew from the (Armada) Lexington. Unless you mean that they mentioned the Lexington mission and Angel's covert op in Victory Streak.

Ambassador Vak'ga of the Kilrathi had a bomb planted in his chest, which was used to kill most of the JCS just before the war restarted.
Just had a thought... couldn't metal detectors or some other form of scanning have detected the bomb, even if it was implanted?

Back