Contest! Artists apply here! Win a CIC pen and stuff!

Cpl Hades

Mr. Kat
As part of our ongoing changes to the Chatzone, we decided to get rid of the Chatzone! Or the name anyway. Yes, soon you'll be visiting the CIC Forums instead which is exactly the same as the Chatzone but with a different name. How modern.

The problem is we can't draw. Well, we can, but we're lazy bastards. Anyway, we need a new logo and since everyone loves a good photoshop contest, we're giving you the opportunity to design the new CIC Forums logo. Here's the details!

• Your submission must be no larger than 300x75 pixels in size
  • It must be easy to change the main color of your submission (winner must provide a nice easy-to-modify PSD file) and still look good. We don't want to have to bug you for a new logo next time we decide to make the forums pink. You can use whatever art program you like as long as you can export to PSD at the end of the day. During submissions we only need either a GIF or a JPG.
  • Your logo must include the text "Wing Commander CIC" and "Forums"

That's all. You can either use our nice new upload feature to store your logo (details here), use your own website, or email us the file and we'll upload it for you.

Please post your submissions in this thread. We'll wait a couple of weeks for submissions before starting the voting process.. we might even accept late submissions. The winner wins.. well.. the winner gets their submission placed right at the top of the forums. Now that's something to put on your resume! We can even arrange a custom title and graphic (avatar) for your account. Oh, and we'll probably throw in a CIC pen too. Maybe some random crap we may be able to dig up which may or may not be WC related. We'll figure any prizes out later.

Anyway, best of luck to all, and remember, if no submission wins, we'll go with Kris' logo...

kris.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll see what I can come up with...
perhaps a rankset logo? :p

oh, can we enter more than once?

Sure, enter as many times as you like.

Of course Kris is an artist, can't you tell by his logo in my first post of this thread?

Oh ! I didnt notice it was his !!! Its great but....eeeeemm....too.....pink and with these hearts......eeem....I dont know :D

DAMN!!! WHY COULDN'T I HAVE BEEN BORN AS A GIFTED ARTIST AND NOT A GIFTED PILOT !!!!Well i guess all my piloting skills wont save me...can someone please enter.... someone....ANYONE who can draw....man, this i'll sux, the CIC Forum will become a pink abyss of doom.... NOOO!!!!!:eek:

LOL..........well,lets hope that there are other Artists here...except of KrisV.No offence Kris

Kris is an artist, yes. But in this instance that is a bad thing. In my opinion that is because the picture is well designed ( so people may vote for it, which is VERY bad).:eek:

i know i have no voice on this, but wouldn't be cooler in instead of calling it the "forums", it were called the "Comm. Station" and were themed after either the WC4 or WCP comm stations.
and the threads read like the tape dump from the fleet, or other planets.
i realize it's a little long for a name, but it just makes more sence to me.

P.S., can the logo be done in be in flash?
it's be easy to change the base colors, even if u have no experience in flash.

Originally posted by ChrisReid
One of our goals with the new Forums logo is unity.
Um, wouldn't that be "diversity":p ?... I mean, "unity" means we'd all hafta be gay-ish ::shudders::

Originally posted by Happy
P.S., can the logo be done in be in flash?
it's be easy to change the base colors, even if u have no experience in flash.

You can use whatever program you like, just so long as you can export the file to PSD format. I'm not sure if Flash has that ability.

We could probably squeeze in some Flash instead if we wanted to... but we really just want a plain GIF or JPEG. Flash is fine for games and stuff, but it's not the sort of thing we want to use for our logo or navigation.

Originally posted by Preacher
Um, wouldn't that be "diversity":p ?... I mean, "unity" means we'd all hafta be gay-ish ::shudders::

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard... Not only does it show a rather absurd amount of homophobia, but it's grossly innaccurate and doesn't even make sense.

unity

\U"ni*ty\, n.; pl. Unities. [OE. unite, F. unit['e], L. unitas, from unus one. See One, and cf. Unit.] 1. The state of being one; oneness.

Whatever we can consider as one thing suggests to the understanding the idea of unity. --Locks.

Note: Unity is affirmed of a simple substance or indivisible monad, or of several particles or parts so intimately and closely united as to constitute a separate body or thing. See the Synonyms under Union.

2. Concord; harmony; conjunction; agreement; uniformity; as, a unity of proofs; unity of doctrine.

Back