Congrats CZ- 1000+ members and STILL growing! :)

We all got it, if we don't study or work. And I am also getting new teachers / everything new. Even a new mark-system (with points....which you get for any mark and at the end of the year you should have reached so and so many ponits). Nobody really understands it. I'll see, even if I am not really happy to see...whatever will come. Good luck with your new principal. And you're right: the next year is far away. Still have to get my report for this year...it is okay. Not well, but I can live with it. So nothing exciting.:)

Instructors

I had a college physics professor from India, I went to a small college in rural East Texas. His accent was pretty bad and we couldn't understand him. Needless to say the grades were horrible so he put a curve on the grade like you wouldn't belive. I ended the semester with a C in the class. Next semester had a ex Navy Seal for the advanced class. This guy was cool and I got an A for the semester. Then I took both grades to the Dean of the department and complained, how does one get a C in a basic physics course and an A in an advanced one? He ended up changing the grade to an A. It was so poetic I still laugh when I think about it.

Raptor: Nice critique of the Meetings and Preludes Sextets. However they're still decent stories. Dragons of Summer Flame isn't stand alone. It's volume 4 of the Chronicles. My favorites are the Elven and Dwarven Nations Trilogies - love the historical sweeping drama. Anyways that said I think the overall quality is declining in recent years. Oh well maybe a good time to switch to Dune :)

Fishbone: In my country the high schools are getting the new National Certificate of Educational Achievement. When you complete the course you get one of the following marks - OK I forgot the official names but its something like this: below average, satisfactory, merit (the one official name I remember) and above merit. Its fairly ambiguous and a lot of people are unhappy.

Hi fishbone!!

I just graduated high school and am about to go to university in august. I am very excited about this new venture in my life. hopefully, once I get there i'll be able to spend as much time in the cz as I used too. Our high schools use the abcf system of grading. rather interesting.

I had a math teacher from Alabama once. He could so not speak french it wasn't funny. Of course he thought he spoke as well as any of us, and hardly anyone passed... summer school was full that year :)

I'm going to college next year, so I'm guessing it's going to be harder.

Originally posted by Zor Prime
hopefully, once I get there i'll be able to spend as much time in the cz as I used too.
Uni usually means free T3 internet access, so rejoice! :)

Originally posted by mpanty
Originally posted by Zor Prime
hopefully, once I get there i'll be able to spend as much time in the cz as I used too.
Uni usually means free T3 internet access, so rejoice! :)

YOUREEE RIGHTTTTT, ig to uni only for the T3...., no it isn´t i go to uni for study and free T3 :)

Originally posted by Quarto
I'd also be interested in a meeting in Australia, but then again, there's not all that many of us here :(.
Not to mention that we're all over the place. You in Qld, redwolf in WA, and a few others. I think bw_dave was from Tas.

Well, there's a slightly bigger concentration around Sydney (three or four :)), so I guess that would be the place to go... but still, how many would there be altogether? Six, seven? Not much of a convention :D.

Back-to-back posting, Supdon? If I didn't know better, I would think you're trying to reach the Major General rank. Which you have, so, er... well done! :)

Anyway, I've never had the opportunity to play Proving Grounds, that could be fun. I remember playing Battletech at Intencity, a four-hour session for only $A20! That was fun! Although individual cockpits did help the atmosphere. :)

This ONE time I didnt edit myself to push it over the line.:) Dont hurt me.

I would KILL to have been able to play Battletech like that! It sounds awesome! We need to find a way to get Wing Commander like that.

Way too expensive. The Intencity we had at Parramatta (Sydney metro's second largest city, and geographical centre) closed down several years ago.

I remember the Scifi channel used to have a show where they had a bunch of people playing Battletech in a tournament. A game called Red Planet too. The weird part was they had these segments where it was like when people played the games they were taken to another universe and the games were real. They had Judge Reinhold in them.

There was a place in downtown Chicago that had the Battletech games too but i dont know if it is still around.

Hey Hey!! I remember Intencity at Parra . Wasnt a bad place , to bad it didnt last long though . I thought they moved that Battletech game to somewhere else in Sydney?

Well, actually, a dozen isn't that bad a number... if one could find a school that would be willing to let us use their old network of Pentiums, a dozen would be just the perfect number for Proving Grounds.

You know, this might actually be something worth thinking about...

Back