Congrats CZ- 1000+ members and STILL growing! :)

Avoid USA chocolate at all costs, Fishbone. It's like chewing old coffee grinds compared to a good peice of English or French or (God Help Me) Sweedish chocolate.

And who cares about how you look as long as you enjoy life, I say! Eat all the damned chocolate you can handle!!! :D

No, better not. So much sport I couldn't do. Enjoying life is quite well, but there are other ways than just chocolate. PC gaming for example is also a quite well thing. Or reading...:)
Everybody has got his ways of enjoying life.

I'm glad that people are still reading books. People on this side of the world, where I am in this town, barely even use the libary for anything more than school projects. I love my library, but I don't go there often since I already have a rather extensive book collection. :D

Heh... I have started reading all the Dune Books. I am now @ book two.

Also read all of Asimov's Foundation, although that is some time ago. Also, Larry Niven (Ringworld, for example) rules!

I finished a book called 'Black Market' 5 minutes ago.
Now I also got Dune (the first book) or another fat book called 'The Edge of Honor' to read. And I read at the same time a book about the history of cars...*g* Library...my private one wouldn't come along with with the public one.
But there are always many books which don't interest me. So, better just 200 and for that interesting than 5000 and 4800 trash. But there's nothing better than sitting at 24°C in the garden/ with the shining sun and flowers around, a cold water near and a book. No worrys (because school is nearly over this year)...just life.:)

Originally posted by LeHah
I'm glad that people are still reading books. People on this side of the world, where I am in this town, barely even use the libary for anything more than school projects. I love my library, but I don't go there often since I already have a rather extensive book collection. :D

Does anyone here by any chance read Dragonlance novels?

Originally posted by LeHah
I'm glad that people are still reading books.
Why of course... Wing Commander novels! :)

To be serious though, Asimov's an excellent choice, Zim! My parents loved I, Robot and many many others, too many to list...

I started reading Asimov's Book of Science (the one containing the Book of Physics and Book of Biology) a while ago, and it's really fascinating! He's just really good in explaining complicated concepts to the average man, and making it sound so simple... :cool:

[Edited by mpanty on 06-28-2001 at 23:18]

Come on, people, summer's meant to do things in... you can read in the winter when there's too much snow to leave your house :)

There is some compilation of Philip K. Dick (short Stories)
Of Course all the Asimov specially Foundation, and his prequels and sequels,Martians Cronichles of R.Bradbury,The Saga of RAMA and 2001 of Arthur C. Clarke, and nobody can´t die without reading something from Dune (Frank Herbert)

Originally posted by Cricket
(...) you can read in the winter when there's too much snow to leave your house :)
This sentence makes all its sense if you in Canada (now I realise! :))...
It makes absolutely NO sense however, if you live in Florida, California (etc. etc.) or anywhere in Europe below the 50' parallel!

In other words: you can read whenever you want, Cricket!

[Edited by mpanty on 06-28-2001 at 23:35]

Originally posted by Penguin
Does anyone here by any chance read Dragonlance novels?
Aye, I've read a few of the Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman books (the Chronicles, and three or four others). The Chronicles were quite fun - especially since I read them after I played one of the DragonLance computer games, so it was like finding out more about the characters.

Yup, summer is also good for it,because you sit in the sun and turn brown...and winter. In winter I never got time. There I got other things in my mind (school)...

Quarto: If you're interested in the Chronicles characters then you should try looking up the Preludes and Meetings sextets. Those contain some other fun infomation.

Originally posted by Meson
Readin gis a great way to pass the time while you are on your break at work. :)

Hehehe. That reminds me of science class back when I was in high school. My class had a well meaning goof of a teacher. He may have known the material but his teaching ability was sorely limited. He had the most monotonous voice ever. The Kilrathi changed their appearances more often than his voice changed pitch. I actually sat there reading novels and he only ever noticed once. Poor guy - he got hassled so much, but then when you lock yourself out of your own classroom you sort of deserve it.

To be honest, I wasn't all that impressed with the Meetings and Preludes series'. They seemed too much like an attempt by other authors to cash in on Weis and Hickman's books. The whole idea of the Chronicles was the story of a disparate and serious overmatched group who ended up becoming heroes in spite of thmselves. And yet, from reading the Meetings and Sextets series', it seemed they had saved the world half a dozen times over before the Chronicles began.

As for the Weis and Hickman Dragonlance books, I'd definitely recommend the Legends trilogy, which a lot of Dragonlance fans consider the best of the entire saga. It's also worth checking out a stand alone Dragonlance novel called "The Dragons of Summer Flame" is set about 25 years after the Chronicles and is a spiritual sequel to them.

Best, Raptor

[Edited by Raptor on 06-29-2001 at 07:23]

You can tan doing pretty much anything outside in summer :)

In my school they just dumped everything on you at the end of a term, so the rest of the time we pretty much don't have any homework. Next year though... I get the feeling it's going to get a bit harder...

[Edited by Cricket on 06-29-2001 at 10:02]

Im scared of my school. We're getting a new principal and he's a psycho. God have mercy on our souls.

thank god i got summer to take that off my mind :)

Back