Concordia

I guess i dont really have a problem with using both statistics but there are contradictions, between the Confederation handbook's ship stats and the CIC's own ship data base for at least the Bengal Clas, Snakier and Sivar class ships, mostly lenght and mass issues.

Well, they obviously changed designs slightly, then. Or originally the intellegence that had been gathered on ship specs were wrong.

TC

Would the Bengal class losing or gaining (depending on which is the earlier ship stats, the movie or the game) 75 meters of length and 25,000 tonnes be a slight modification? That seems kinda drastic to me. And thinking a 103 Sivar class dreadnaught was actually 825 meters is VERY bad intelligence. Unless they were figuring out its length based on how much room Confed would need to have a weapon as powerful as the one that destroyed Goddard. BUt the Handbook has lots of crazy stuff about the Sivar that contradicts what we know from the first expansion for WC1.

The movie Sivar is not the same class of ships that we see in SM1, neither is the movie Snakier the same class that we encounter in SM2...

And why not?

Besides, as far as we know the Kilrathi gave different names to the classes, but that's just how Confed codenamed them.

Just like there are two different capship missiles types, both codenamed "Skipper", while it's obvious that the WC3 and movie Skipper missiles are different. And while the movie Skipper doesn't have a name yet, the WC3 ones are called Vorg'chath.

The codename thing makes sense but what about the huge difference between the Bengal's specs?

Sorry, i dont mean to make you guys work TOO hard to figure these things out.

Originally posted by Earthworm
The movie Sivar is not the same class of ships that we see in SM1, neither is the movie Snakier the same class that we encounter in SM2...

Every ship in the movie looked diffirent...

Generally, we ignore the actual 'look' of the ships -- afterall, WC has been changing the design of the same ships forever. Comparing specifications and histories, we know that a lot of the movie ships are just different classes of ships with the same code-names, or older versions of the ones seen in the
games.

You are aware your never actually going to be able to figure this out, since no source is *completely* reliable. But then again, where would you get your fun :). Im using Super Wing Commander, which is *slightly* different then WC1 (we had the Sivar, but we have like SO1, 1.5, and 2) or someting like that. when I used the in game movies of a raptor flying ou of the ship, I ot a slight scale. It seemed about 75 Wing 2 Wing raptors in length. <||||||||-|||||||||||||||||||||||||||()|-|<>||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||>
|

That's a wat to gather ranks when you dnon't know nothing about wc. Just reply with short, senseless messages

The Wing Commander 1 addons are Secret Missions and Secret Missions 2 -- SM and SM2. The Wing Commander 2 addons are Special Operations 1 and Special Operations 2 -- SO1 and SO2. I have no idea why this is so very difficult for everyone.

Maybe not everyone is english ?

And but addons have to do something with secret and stuff liket that.

Special Missions vs Secret Operations, sounds about as confusing as music and matchbox or Personal Computer and Personal Digital Assistant, or perhaps people just don't car enough to actually write out the correct letter abriviations, in which case they are not wingnuts

A bit confusing, but then again its easy to overlook simple stuff.

RFBurns

"I thought you werent interested in anyone with an IQ higher than a wingnut!" [W. Chang {Vagabon} WCIV]

You're forgetting about Secret Ops, the latest game. Throw that into this mix, and I guess it could get confusing for someone that's new to Wing Commander.

Perhaps but I only joined this board about a month ago and I was never confused, since I owned all 5, but sigh I guess not everybody is as smart as I

Back