Concordia

there would definitely be some concordia type ships around after the war, simply because you dont just throw something that big away. even if you didnt want it you could use it for spare parts or melt it down or something. (i dont know how you would go about melting down a 2km long dreadnought but its just an idea)
anyway i dont know all these ship classes, can you please give me an example of each class and what type it is?

Originally posted by Master_Anarchist
there would definitely be some concordia type ships around after the war, simply because you dont just throw something that big away. even if you didnt want it you could use it for spare parts or melt it down or something. (i dont know how you would go about melting down a 2km long dreadnought but its just an idea)
anyway i dont know all these ship classes, can you please give me an example of each class and what type it is?

Just for that fact man, a while back when i was trying to decide on a mod for Home World i was gonna add the Concordia back as a mainsday Heavy Destroyer or Cruiser(size is right, guns are right(if not add some of those NEW missle turrets(like on the midway))), speed is about right, heck you aint a WC fan unless you like the concordia and TC(even though i've never played with them i love them(tc from the show))(HEHEHE also i'm about to get my hands on WC:KS(with my second paycheck ($500) i'm gonna get that thing)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
The Gettysburg class cruisers are very large cruisers -- similar to the Concordia supercruisers... larger than the Tiger's Claw.

Now I'm really confused. By supercruiser, do you mean that '3rd Concordia' I occasionally hear about, or is that the Concordia carrier like the Lexington from WC4?

BTW, welcome back. :)

The Concordia Class Supercruiser can be seen on pages 32 and 33 of the Confederation Handbook or in the movie.

TC

The ships in the movie looked a bit strange to me. But the looked cool, but kinda wierd.

Bengal Class

I thought I read that the Claw was the first and the only one that was 700m with the class cut down to 690m after her.

actually Napoleon, you are correct.

The Tiger's Claw wasn't actually the first Bengal -- it was the first 'larger' Bengal, after the redesign in the 40s... the first was the TCS Bengal in 2619.

The tigers claw WAS the first Bengal CLASS ship. There is no way to prove otherwise. It says so in the claw marks magazine that came w/ WC1. (mine is sitting on my desk right now:)) If you will now please turn to the back of your Claw Marks magazines and look at the 'Pride of the Fleet The TCS Tiger's Claw' at the bottom of page 45 (i think its 45?)

IT SAYS:

2642: The Confederation military command, determining that a need exists for a heavy space carrier, authorizes design of the Bengal-class carrier line. Trojan Four Spaceyards wins the assignment to build the new line of carriers.

2644: The newly-launched TCS Tiger's Claw, on its shakedown cruise, carrying a minimal spacecrew and an under-experienced command, finds itself in the path of a surprise Kilrathi invasion force. The ship's unexpected presence along the Kilrathi flight plan, clever tactics on the part of the command crew, and performance above and beyond the call of duty by the spacecrews rout the superior Kilrathi force. Shortly thereafter, Tiger's Claw is given permanent assignment in Vega Sector.

2645: The second Bengal-class space carrier, the Kipling, is launched. Owing to design modifications, the Kipling and all subsequent Bengals are 10 meters shorter and several tonnes less massive than the Tiger's Claw, making the Tiger's Claw the biggest space carrier in its class.

2649: Tiger's Claw performs a delaying action to allow Confederation transports carrying ground troops to retreat out of Kilrathi-occupied space. The engagement, known as Custer's Carnival, concludes with Tiger's Claw seriously damaged but able to return to port. The carrier is in spacedock undergoing repairs and refitting until early '50.

(copied from blacklance.org/claw/)

If you don't believe me, go to http://www.blacklance.org/claw/45.html and see for yourself. or just look in the Claw Marks magazine if you have one.

There may have been a TCS Bengal in 2619, but it wasn't a Bengal Class ship. Those didn't even begin production until 2642, which was 23 years later.

AND the Tigers Claw was the largest bengal in its class w/ all subsequent carriers 10 meters shorter. (see above timeline) I don't recall in 625 meter bengals. Some body tell me when that happened please.

Read the Confederation Handbook -- the first Bengal class carrier was a 625 meter carrier circa 2619. The 2642 design was an enhancement of these ships -- that's why the *Tiger's Claw* was the first, instead of the *Bengal*... there was *already* a nameship for the class.

Was The confed handbook the one that came w/ wc3, cause if it is, I don't have it anymore. maybe someone can scan it and post a picture? cause' that would make a little more sense, but not much. because the way clawmarks put it, it was a whole NEW line of ships, that was just being designed.

btw bandit, hope your eye is doing good!

But LOAF he has a valid point, do we take the Confederation Handbook over claw marks? Since Claw Marks came with a game it in my opinion must be assumed to be in fact the correct information source as such the Confederation Handbook is incorrect.

I mean, use the most up to date info when it contradicts older info. Using both would be confusing and would probably lead to arguing with someone say "in **** it said this..." and the other person would say "well in **** it said...". So why not officially say the latest info is correct?

Except it doesn't contradict... and even then, there would be arguing about what should be accepted. All WC things can be argued into continuity with everything else.

TC

Back