Concordia

Probely she got shot down. Don't know why, but maybe the cats send some stealth fighters to them. And now then they knew blair was right.

Well, immediately Special Ops 2 the Concordia was recalled to Sol Sector -- but was soon after sent back to Enigma, where she participated in the Second Enigma Campaign as flagship of the 14th Fleet. After this, she was part of Admiral Banbridge's task force during Operation Backlash -- she participated in this, and the recovery of the TCS Tarawa afterwards (chronicled in the novel End Run). In 2668, she took part in the Third Enigma Campaign -- and then was assigned to TF45 in the opening moves of Operation Red 3. She was recalled to Earth during the armistice, and was made flagship of Tolwyn's Third Fleet. (Chronicled in Fleet Action) She sustained heavy damage during the Battle of Terra, and was subsequently assigned to 'safe sector' patrols -- it was during this time that she was sent to the Vespus System as part of a rearguard action. SHe was ambushed by Kilrathi fighters and destroyed there.

I think the were, but maybe not at the front. Such a old class wouldn't stand against the new generation of kilrathi fighters. but they are dreadnoughts, so i think they would be around.

In 2668 the Concordia herself was Tolwyns flagship in the BoT and was only not in front line duty after that because she recieved alot of damnage in the battle

In 2665-67 during WCII the Confederation ships were the best in confed, do you really thing 2-4 years would make such a huge difference in what were the best ships?

Well, the answer is here:

The were around at the end of the war, 'cos in 2669 the concordia went down. And that's the last year of the war, so at least on was around.

Old class? The Confederation class was the youngest carrier class we knew about (this doesn't mean that there weren't younger classes, just that we didn't know about them), with the possible exception of the TCS Lexington from Armada. Either way, she was much, much younger than either the Concordia or the Ranger classes. If any Confederations survived the war in good shape, you can rest assured they're still being used in '81.

I always thougt the Bengal class carrier was the oldest we knew about, and that the Concordia class was named after the original Concordia from Wc2.

I thought that was just a halt in the production of the PTC, there could still be others just w/o the cannon.

Since the Tiger's Claw was the first Bengal, and it wasn't *too* old it was commisioned in 2619 while high command was given the orders to begin building Concordia class carriers in 2629 and the Rangers were 2584

Do we know if there are any Bengal's around in 81?

The cannon formed the keel of the Confederation class ships -- ships sans keels aren't particularly spaceworthy. :)

The Tiger's Claw wasn't actually the first Bengal -- it was the first 'larger' Bengal, after the redesign in the 40s... the first was the TCS Bengal in 2619.

I thought I read that the Claw was the first and the only one that was 700m with the class cut down to 690m after her.
BTW the Gettysburg class ships like the austin, are they carriers,or are they just other cap ships that happen to carry fighters?

Before the whole 700/690 meter thing, there were 625 meter long Bengals.

The Gettysburg class cruisers are very large cruisers -- similar to the Concordia supercruisers... larger than the Tiger's Claw.

So when the Claw and the Austin were over Firekka the Austin was the superior ship? I would have never guessed, what was it's fighter complement in comparison to the claw?

The Austin only carries one squadron (a maximum of 16 fighters). She was, indeed, the superior ship -- for a time, the Austin was Tolwyn's flag (so was Tiger's Claw, of course, but he chose Austin over 'Claw for a point...).

Really!!! The Austin Carries 1 squadron and the Claw carries how many 4? (I get this from WC1 when you join a new squadron each time you switch fighters between the 4)

Back