Christmas is coming close and its getting cold

Originally posted by Johann Cooper
No, but you guys missed my question, in WC2, Blair was demoted to the rank of captain, but since the Space forces are in the form of a navy, the captain is actually higher than the colonel and runs his own ship, whats up with that then??

The Space Forces Captain is bellow Colonel, and is the equivelant of the 1st/2nd Lt. in the Navy. The Navy Captain is the equivelant of Colonel.

In WC3, Blair the Colonel, and Eisen the Navy Captain are technicly of the same rank. Notice however that you don't have to be a Navy Captain to be in command of a ship. Even Lieutenants get to command small ships, and sometimes even a Captain won't get command of a heavy ship like a carrier.

The full ranking system is given in the KS manual.

[Edited by Earthworm on 12-15-2000 at 21:48]

What kind of joke is this?

Originally posted by Shane
Wedge and Shane, I already know that the true meaning of Chrismas is a little kid named Jesus that lived 2000 years ago. Why can't you take a joke? [/B]

I can, and I replied with one in kind. No offense intended. You gotta admit if you killed one of the Santa clones, he likely would take you off the good list. As for the true meaning of Christmas, I like the concept of loot. [/B]

Let me tell me my beliefs: the meaning of Christmas got to do with an ancient biblical prophecy... one which speaks about mistakes, deceit, redemption, salvation as well victory against the greatest enemy of the universe.

This is going in the worst possible direction. That is why the subject of religion is avoided.

TC

Religion

Forget about Big Brother or Santa watching you, for the purpose of noting who's naughty and nice.

It's the admins you have to worry about.

(God can't close a thread, but gh0d can. I will do so if this thread looks, IMO (and only my opinion), like it's heading towards a flame war. Am I making myself clear?)

with that ranking thing...
i always thought u had those ranks - 2nd lieutenant up to colonel for like the pilots and then the "captain" as in captain eisen is like a title for someone who is in charge of a ship...
like in wc3 eisen is a "captain", the captain of the victory
while that other bloke in wc4 was captain of the lexington and another captain of the intrepid and that's also why blair was named "acting captain" i think it was by eisen
etc...

Originally posted by StarLight
i always thought u had those ranks - 2nd lieutenant up to colonel for like the pilots and then the "captain" as in captain eisen is like a title for someone who is in charge of a ship...
Somone who commands a ship is the Commanding Officer (CO), while the rank of Captain is present in both branches of the fleet like I explained few posts earlier in this thread. Navy Captain is the equivelant to Space Forces Colonel (God, I hate repeating myself), while the Space Forces Captain is equivelant of 2nd/1st Lt. from the Navy. Remember that just because someone is refered to as captain doesn't mean that that's his/hers rank.

we were talking about wc1/wc3 ranking system as opposed to the wc2 i think
No, we were talking about the WC ranking sytem, which is the same in all of the games.

I have returned from my temporary (40-something hours) disappearance (plane trip). First up, yes, religion is a dangerous topic. Watch yer words, lest something... unpleasant... happens to you.

Regarding ranks, I'm not sure why somebody here's under the impression that WC2 ranks are different to WC1/WC3 ranks.

Also, an odd question. Is the Space Force actually a separate branch? I mean, the Marines aren't, and they have a different rank system to the rest of the Navy. And certainly, Tolwyn in WC2 has enough control over Blair's destiny to not also shove him off his carrier, but have him transferred to the security forces - that is, as close to a dishonourable discharge as he could get.

The above question probably sounds like the ravings of a lunatic, but what the heck... it could make an interesting discussion :).

The Space Forces are definately, and quite obviously a seperate branch of the military, I don't see why they wouldn't be as it's been stated flat out.

TC

Thats the SPIRIT!!

Originally posted by Johann Cooper
Ok guys, You've all made me happy about christmas now

Hohoho, merrrrrrrry Christmas
]

Get together and ENJOY!!! and MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!! uhh AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!:)

Back